S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ASM Technical Thread! Ask your ?s here!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me know about the sponsorship programs. I am Kris (with the EVO's) friend that he told you about.

Ryan
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yungjoc,Jul 18 2007, 02:41 PM
I was wondering how much the asm lip spoiler is
Are you talking about the Add on lip for the ASM bumper
Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Are there any benefits to the rear trunk lid spoiler? as far as aerodynamics goes? if not is there going to be a version produced that will actually function like the oem spoiler? and what was the reason in the design to delete the rear brake light with that design? Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JONDEMANDsales,Jul 18 2007, 08:56 PM
I have already mentioned it to him, and he is still considering it. His initial thought process was that he was afraid of making a bumper that would "require" the rear over fenders. The only reason the Dry Carbon version was made in the first place was because he wanted to improve on the 04 Version Rear Aero bumper for the Tsukuba Time Attack in 2005. However, plans for the GT Widebody kit took precedence, and he decided to use that aero instead. Even now, if you wanted to order the 06 Dry Carbon bumper, it would take 2 months to build it, since he doesnt even stock that item in Japan.

Also, his long-time customers in Japan, loved the 06 Dry Carbon Rear bumper (wide version) so much, they BEGGED him to build some that were in FRP for non-widebody. Those customers, as well as Kanayama-san, agreed that if the vehicle was being used for the streets, then a non-widebody version would sit nicer on the stock body lines (since not EVERYONE wants rear overfender)

I will keep you guys updated on the progress!!!!!
I can see where he came from and his thought process is logical from one point of view. However, from the other side of the coin, I'm sure he could see how frustrating it is when the look you want is there but the need for dry carbon (and the associated cost) is not.

Perhaps they would consider making FRP extensions for the FRP bumper that would continue the body line much in the same way that the FRP extensions that are added to the front bumpers extend the lines of the wide fenders? Just an idea that might help them bring something to market faster.

I for one love the look of an AP1/2 that has both the ASM front fenders and the rear over-fenders combined with that rear bumper, it's a fantastic look IMO.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM

[QUOTE]I have to agree with ASM's decision to only make the stock bodied version of the new rear bumper, I am sure if they get enough demand for the wider version it would be a possibility.

^Treacherous Swine
There's more demand for the one that works with the overfenders than the one without

[QUOTE]Not true. I don't like overfenders because they dont flow into the body IMO. With the ASM rear that is meant for overfenders, it looks 1000x better. I still would consider molding it so that there werent rivets and also would consider molding it into the side of the car so that it flows even better. My $.02.

^IMO I think the rivets look kind of cool

All in all, I have no idea why J's Racing and ASM haven't already made a bumper (that doesn't cost $3400) that works with those overfenders, it's just...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM

what's asm blog website?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by JONDEMANDsales,Jul 18 2007, 02:51 PM
Which lip spoiler are you refering too? The new Front Diffuser Lip?
rear duckbill trunk spoiler
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly,Jul 18 2007, 03:47 PM
Are there any benefits to the rear trunk lid spoiler? as far as aerodynamics goes? if not is there going to be a version produced that will actually function like the oem spoiler? and what was the reason in the design to delete the rear brake light with that design? Thanks!
The noticed a slight increase in rear traction with this wing. If you look closely at the GT Widebody, they still use the Ducktail Spoiler in conjunction with a GT spoiler stating that it was necessary to achieve the results they wanted. As for the removal of the third brake light, they wanted to produce a spoiler that could be secured to the vehicle without having to drill any extra holes or provide extra reinforcement, especially for carbon trunks. Also,for a piece made out of dry carbon, I don't think you would just want to double-side tape it to the trunk.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J's_Racer,Jul 18 2007, 06:15 PM
what's asm blog website?
ASM BLOG
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

yungjoc: PM sent