S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ASM Technical Thread! Ask your ?s here!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JONDEMANDsales,Jul 18 2007, 11:40 AM
I am here to answer any of your questions concerning ASM.
Can I have a job?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great thread! you seem to really know your stuff, and it is great to have someone on the board that is really enthusiastic about answering these questions and also has direct contact with the man in charge of the shop.

you should Mention to Kanayama-san that a lot of S2000 enthusiasts would love the blog to be translated to English, from my experience at least I have a great time practicing my Japanese reading it, but there is a huge number of ASM lovers here that would love to be able to check it out and read it each day.

although that would be a decent amount of work.

I have to agree with ASM's decision to only make the stock bodied version of the new rear bumper, I am sure if they get enough demand for the wider version it would be a possibility.

also have to agree with the non carbon version of the front lip, as repairing carbon is not to feasible.

ALSO Tell him that if he needs artwork for the site, I would be MORE than happy to produce some, I could stare at the cars they build all day so making some nice images is something I would love to do.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by han racer,Jul 18 2007, 02:36 PM
Not true, everyone wants rear overfenders
Not true. I don't like overfenders because they dont flow into the body IMO. With the ASM rear that is meant for overfenders, it looks 1000x better. I still would consider molding it so that there werent rivets and also would consider molding it into the side of the car so that it flows even better. My $.02.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:20 PM

ryan, you should have them sponsor you for the voltex wing
Old 07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

Moshi mosh, Hishida-san.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JstnRyan,Jul 18 2007, 01:51 PM
Can I have a job?
I don't know if you would like working for a Japanese company...... It can be kinda difficult sometimes.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM

I was wondering how much the asm lip spoiler is
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by circa86,Jul 18 2007, 02:12 PM
great thread! you seem to really know your stuff, and it is great to have someone on the board that is really enthusiastic about answering these questions and also has direct contact with the man in charge of the shop.

you should Mention to Kanayama-san that a lot of S2000 enthusiasts would love the blog to be translated to English, from my experience at least I have a great time practicing my Japanese reading it, but there is a huge number of ASM lovers here that would love to be able to check it out and read it each day.

although that would be a decent amount of work.

I have to agree with ASM's decision to only make the stock bodied version of the new rear bumper, I am sure if they get enough demand for the wider version it would be a possibility.

also have to agree with the non carbon version of the front lip, as repairing carbon is not to feasible.

ALSO Tell him that if he needs artwork for the site, I would be MORE than happy to produce some, I could stare at the cars they build all day so making some nice images is something I would love to do.
To tell you the truth, I was doing the ASM Blog on the Autobacs USA website. But my life isnt as interesting as Kanayama-san (or anybody else at ASM!!) So its kind of boring. As for the english translation portion, no one at ASM speaks English well. They know a little bit, but it would take them days to do 1 blog entry. So, they figured pictures would be good enough!!

Also, I showed him your rendering (the one in your sig) a while back, he liked it alot! Thats why he has a similar picture on the ASM home page now. I do have some other projects on the side that I might need some artwork done. I will let you know!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sinji,Jul 18 2007, 02:20 PM
ryan, you should have them sponsor you for the voltex wing
Yes, we have some sponsorship programs in the works. Inquire for more details!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yungjoc,Jul 18 2007, 02:41 PM
I was wondering how much the asm lip spoiler is
Which lip spoiler are you refering too? The new Front Diffuser Lip?