S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ASM Technical Thread! Ask your ?s here!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASM Technical Thread! Ask your ?s here!

Hey boys and girls! We are generally new to this forum, but I personally have been here for quite some time. Most of my S2000 experience comes from my experiences with ASM Japan, and establishing ASM here in the US with Autobacs USA. I'm happy to see that there are many people interested in ASM. I have been formally trained by the ASM President, Kanayama-san, and I am here to answer any of your questions concerning ASM.

....ask away......

Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy really does know his ASM. It's kinda scary how much this guy knows.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM

nice to see you guys on here.

if anyone needs info on anything asm, these are the people to ask
Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 AM

Has there ever been any talk/consideration about ASM/IS Design making their own HT instead of using Mugen?

Does ASM/IS Design use any wind tunnel testing of there Aero parts or is it only track tested?

How come their drift car is no longer competing ? (I know the last one is not technical or anything, just wondering if you knew or have heard )
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Are you guys making the Rear Bumper that will work with the rear fender flare in FRP? also on the New add on front Lip that just got release are you guys only go to make it in FRP?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Jul 18 2007, 10:56 AM
Has there ever been any talk/consideration about ASM/IS Design making their own HT instead of using Mugen?

Does ASM/IS Design use any wind tunnel testing of there Aero parts or is it only track tested?

How come their drift car is no longer competing ? (I know the last one is not technical or anything, just wondering if you knew or have heard )
As for the hardtop (as well as many other parts), if Kanayama-san doesnt see a need to improve it, or an improvement entails a higher cost that outweighs its benefit, then ASM will not bother producing that piece. All in all, ASM is pretty content with the Mugen hardtop.

Wind tunnel testing of the actual ASM car is not performed. His theory is that Honda did an exceptional job designing the S2000 body, and he doesnt want to "destroy" the image and body lines of that vehicle. So working from the stock body, he makes the ASM aerokit from an "aero model" that lets them try out different variations. Check the pic.

The old ASM drift car (the black version) has been retired. They now have another drift car that is turbo. This version is currently competing.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

What can you tell us about the ASM/Mugen multi meter?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WindchaserS2K,Jul 18 2007, 10:58 AM
Are you guys making the Rear Bumper that will work with the rear fender flare in FRP? also on the New add on front Lip that just got release are you guys only go to make it in FRP?
The 06 Rear Bumper in FRP will be for stock body vehicles. If you want to mate the rear overfenders with the bumper, you would have to get the Dry Carbon version. ASM wants to wait before they make a wide version bumper in FRP.

As for the add-on front lip, FRP will be manufactured first. He is worried about producing a carbon version since the front bumper will hang very low. He believes that his customers would be unsatisfied if/when they do damage their Carbon front lip.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 AM

bump for Jondemand!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Jul 18 2007, 11:43 AM
What can you tell us about the ASM/Mugen multi meter?
Kanayama-san's answer is "the ASM/Mugen multivision meter has not been tested for US vehicles," which is Japanese for "I wouldn't recommend you trying it." If you want to try it, you might want to ask Medical Student here on the boards about his build.