S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Apexi V-AFC Installed

Old 01-03-2001, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the field V-Tec controller is not capable of 'knowing' what the ECU solenoid is doing unlike the Apexi V-AFC. I have the field unit as well and it is not as comprehensive as the Apexi. The field unit does not control the fuel as well as the Apexi.
Old 01-03-2001, 08:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck:
[B]Actually the field V-Tec controller is not capable of 'knowing' what the ECU solenoid is doing unlike the Apexi V-AFC.
Old 01-03-2001, 08:49 AM

Yes, much nicer interface and it looks really cool on your dash.
Old 01-03-2001, 04:46 PM

derryck
Hey I should take a road trip to Jacksonville to have mine installed at the same place that your Controller was installed. Let me know the dyno results and I can set mine to the same specs. I don't know where to mount mine where else is a good location?
Old 01-03-2001, 05:03 PM

[B]I mounted the AFC w/ velcro on the front of the door located in front of the stereo. That way it's easily removable.

NA-1,
This is not a Prelude and why do you say you will lose power?
Old 01-04-2001, 04:12 AM

IMHO and for my taste, I would personally leave the VTEC engagement point at the stock rpm point. Otherwise you are in VTEC in city driving all the time. I rarely go into VTEC when driving around town, specially after the mods (unless I see a nice open road and really push it).

Adjusting fuel parameters witht he V-AFC or just the plain AFC is much better than with a FPR but requires even more dyno time. But once done it should be perfect.

Another thing: The Mugen ECU doesn't mess with VTEC. These guys should know a couple of things about the S2K
Old 01-04-2001, 04:34 AM

Tims2k,
Yes, you should definitely make it to Jacksonville if possible to have your V-AFC installed. As for mounting, I really like where mine is mounted but a friend of mine mounted his between the A-pillar and the top of the dash on the drivers side.

NA-1,
The V-AFC works instead of and better than a FPR on the S and V-AFC's do not work as well on hybrid turbos as they do on naturally aspirated cars. My mechanic specializes in hybrid turbo setups on imports and the V-AFC is extremely difficult to tune on a hybrid turbo. Normally they have to end up going with some type of PMS system.

Pepe,
If you will agree to pay the additional money that the Mugen ECU costs over the cost of my V-AFC I will buy one. As far as lowering the V-TEC, it's nice not to have to wait so long for the power to kick in.
Old 01-04-2001, 05:24 AM

[B]
If you will agree to pay the additional money that the Mugen ECU costs over the cost of my V-AFC I will buy one.
Old 01-04-2001, 05:33 AM

Pepe,
Hey I was just kidding about the ECU thing. As for the Toda flywheel, did you notice in negative effects in day to day driving and can you give a little more info like where did you buy yours and about how much was it?
Old 01-04-2001, 05:38 AM

[B]Pepe,
Hey I was just kidding about the ECU thing.

Quick Reply: Apexi V-AFC Installed