S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ap2's have 6-10% more hp from 1-8k

Old 06-13-2005, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by civicguyinva,Jun 13 2005, 08:44 AM
I'm jumping in here late but Ive raced many (ok I'll be honest...2-3) and beaten many AP2 s2000 and all I have is a stock AP1. I can't tell you all the technical and mechanical differences, but lord knows I'm not a spectacular driver I can hold my own though... but Ive done rolling (20 and 30) starts and off the line starts and end up car lengths ahead of AP2s. (usually about 3). Beat me up or call me a liar if you want, but its just my experiences. Maybe my AP1 has an upgrade I dont know about? Maybe I just got one that was built on a Tuesday? I switched cars with one driver and I couldn't keep up with my car with his. Even if the AP2 has more hp or whatever I noticed if my AP1 really redlined it would pull a good clip ahead because of the shifting in the AP2. If anyone is in the Northern VA region and would like to test....let me know. IM DEF. NOT bragging...I know what my stock car can and can not do....just saying my experiences.
Slave cylinder in the 04-05 would explain this....
Old 06-13-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD,Jun 13 2005, 12:38 AM
so I've really tried to stay out of this thread because there really has been way too much arguing going on. Really you should want this to be a 'under...
You da man! I was going to do a graph like that but probably wouldn't have done as good a job!

I have no more insight to add here and would just be repeating myself from this point on. Others feel free to get this past 10 pages!
Old 06-13-2005, 12:52 PM
WPS

Originally Posted by civicguyinva,Jun 13 2005, 11:44 AM
I'm jumping in here late but Ive raced many (ok I'll be honest...2-3) and beaten many AP2 s2000 and all I have is a stock AP1. I can't tell you all the technical and mechanical differences, but lord knows I'm not a spectacular driver I can hold my own though... but Ive done rolling (20 and 30) starts and off the line starts and end up car lengths ahead of AP2s. (usually about 3). Beat me up or call me a liar if you want, but its just my experiences. Maybe my AP1 has an upgrade I dont know about? Maybe I just got one that was built on a Tuesday? I switched cars with one driver and I couldn't keep up with my car with his. Even if the AP2 has more hp or whatever I noticed if my AP1 really redlined it would pull a good clip ahead because of the shifting in the AP2. If anyone is in the Northern VA region and would like to test....let me know. IM DEF. NOT bragging...I know what my stock car can and can not do....just saying my experiences.
could happen. some drivers dont know the proper gear to be in.
sometime it's a factor of the mileage of the engine. when i first hit 600 miles, i was like, thats it???
but i've noticed a noticeable increase in power as the engine is getting older (14k so far)
perhaps the ap2 were new at the time making the 3 car difference.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Phantasea,Jun 13 2005, 01:11 PM
How much does an AP2 cost again? How much can you get an AP1 for? Even after upgrading the AP1 to a 2.2L its still cheaper. Plus if you want to "match" the new peak hp and peak torque of my newly 2.2L AP1 how much more will you have spend to do that? How long will you have to wait for these parts? Whats still my REDLINE at 2.2L? Go ahead, add a AP1 ECU to your engine and whatch what happens.

You are trying to turn this thread into another discussion altogether. You may want to read the subject line a few dozen times again. This is not, "Which year S2000 is the most cost effective to mod." so please stop pulling that card because this thread is comparing STOCK vs. STOCK.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jun 13 2005, 02:36 PM
You da man! I was going to do a graph like that but probably wouldn't have done as good a job!

I have no more insight to add here and would just be repeating myself from this point on. Others feel free to get this past 10 pages!
repeating yourself? lol you obviously didn't read his post did you. he didn't prove you right. ah well. you'll learn eventually.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Jun 13 2005, 03:06 PM
repeating yourself? lol you obviously didn't read his post did you. he didn't prove you right. ah well. you'll learn eventually.
Dude! You're taking this way too personally! I'm not thanking him for proving my point! I like to have as much information as possible. He made a graph that demonstrates something I was alluding to about different speeds and distances. You can look at it and see which engine will have the advantage between different speed ranges. It is very informative.

he didn't prove you right. ah well. you'll learn eventually.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Phantasea,Jun 13 2005, 11:11 AM
How much does an AP2 cost again? How much can you get an AP1 for? Even after upgrading the AP1 to a 2.2L its still cheaper. Plus if you want to "match" the new peak hp and peak torque of my newly 2.2L AP1 how much more will you have spend to do that? How long will you have to wait for these parts? Whats still my REDLINE at 2.2L? Go ahead, add a AP1 ECU to your engine and whatch what happens.
Please, quit now while you only look as stupid as you currently do.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jun 13 2005, 04:47 PM
Dude! You're taking this way too personally! I'm not thanking him for proving my point! I like to have as much information as possible. He made a graph that demonstrates something I was alluding to about different speeds and distances. You can look at it and see which engine will have the advantage between different speed ranges. It is very informative.

he didn't prove you right. ah well. you'll learn eventually.
then i misunderstood your post and i apologize.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:58 PM

EVERYBODY!! AP1 IS FASTER.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JDM S,Jun 13 2005, 08:58 PM
EVERYBODY!! AP1 IS FASTER.
Fine, you're right. Thread closed. Buh-bye.

Quick Reply: ap2's have 6-10% more hp from 1-8k