S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AP2 Silvers-Can you get red/black for both colors?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP2 Silvers-Can you get red/black for both colors?

Howdy,

I'm an S2k newbie to the boards, but I've been in love with the S2k since my freshman year of college when the first presskit came out..and I am finally all grows up, so I'm looking for my first S2K. Growing up, I loved Hondas, and have only owned 1 car in my life...2 really, but they are both Preludes and they have both been red, an '85 and a '99, but now it's time to move up a league. I hope y'all don't mind answering the same questions a million times....

1. I wanted to know if it's possible to get the red/black interior with both the Sebring silver and the Silverstone, or if Honda made the decision that you can only get 1 of them with the red/black combo. I sat in a '05 Silverstone AP2 w/ red/black yesterday, but wondered if there were any AP2 Sebring/Red/Black combos out there as well. Any help?

2. I have seen that '02 AP1 S2ks that have the red interior have a really red interior, by that I mean the dashboard and pretty much the entire interior is red.....What years could you get the red/black combo where the dash is black and door inserts are red, apart from '00 with the AP1? I know that with the AP1, the entire seat will be red and that with AP2 the middle inserts only are red, but I wanted to know about the dash....I ask because I would love to buy a nice AP1 '03 in silver with red/black interior, if that has a black dash....If that's not possible, I'll probably look at an '05.

If you couldn't tell by now, I have my heart set on the color combo just like Honda first advertised in their presskits, a silver car with red/black interior, and I want to make sure I get the nicest looking one with the best mechanical car....hence an '02+ AP1 or an '05 AP2. ;D

Thanks for all your help, oh might S2k forum folks and pleased to meet you all! I hope to have my baby soon so I can join the Pacific Northwest group in Gig Harbor!

Cheers,

Brendan
Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the deal...the black/red interior is only available on the AP2 version 1 ('04-'05) there is a silverstone w/red and black as well as a sebring w/ red and black....sebring was discontinued after the '05 model so if you do happen to go w/an '06-'07 the red and black interior will be available on the silverstone and grandprix white....

honestly i'd go with an '05...that's what I have and quite frankly either silver looks great w/the red and black inerior....sebring is sportier but silverstone is more sedate and flies under the radar a little more...good luck w/ the decision...don't hesistate to pm me if you have any questions or need help of any kind....later dude