S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

To anyone who is a Winter S driver

Old 10-07-2002, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Siper2: Sounds as though you did it up right while here. Re the drive to Makers Mark; yes, that entire area has lots of nice twisty roads. Not enough hills to suit me, but then southern Indiana is great for that. Just across the Ohio River from Louisville. If you ever come down this way again, be sure to look me up.

John Nader (Pixsurguy)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Siper2
[B]

Jeez that figures, I was just down with my wife in Louisville, a month or so ago.
We were on a job interview for her (we live in Davenport, IA). Dang, I should've put a thread up in here somewhere saying I'd be down, we could've met up.
We did Glassworks, the Slugger museum, a dinner theater.... cool town! We stayed in Bardstown, so we did the Jim Beam and Maker's Mark tours, too. The drive to Maker's Mark was great, that long windy road on the way was a real trip. (Rt. 130, is it?)
Old 10-07-2002, 07:33 AM

I'll be driving the Stook this winter, 70 miles 1 way to work.. and my wife will be in the Explorer 4x4 on her 10 mile journey.. Last year I had a 95 Geo Tracker rwd only that was my daily driver, and just kept it slow on the bad days going to work, and passed all the 4x4's that were in the ditch.. (guess they don't realise that 4x4 dosn't do ANYTHING to help you stop and not much to help you steer on ice over a RWD vehicle)
Old 10-07-2002, 07:41 AM

John,

Thanks, I will. Not sure when we'll be back anytime soon, as the job didn't work out, but it was cool while we were there. Overcast the whole weekend, but oh well.

I couldn't believe the speed limit on that road to Maker's Mark. Seems at least 20mph higher than it should be. Fun for me, but damn..... it's barely wider than a farmer's dirt driveway for God's sake, hard to picture all these old ladies in 1982 Buick barges barrelin' through those corners.

-Chris
Old 10-07-2002, 07:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Old 10-07-2002, 07:51 AM

Black's bad for ANY kind of muck accumulation. Beautiful color on damned near any car, but awfully hard to keep lookin' shweet.

Although, as a Subaru man, seeing a car proudly covered in the spoils of winter is enough to bring a smile to my face, so.... "Beauty" is truly in the eye of the beholder.

-Chris
Old 10-07-2002, 08:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Testut
[B]I would like to point out, however, that your photo convinced me that Spa yellow (or white ) is a better S2k color for winter driving where road salt is used.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:23 PM

Ahhh,

got my 2001 Audi S4 for those kind of sloppy days...I am in NJ so lord knows whats going to be on the roads...snow, rain, human parts, dioxin...you name it
Old 10-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Ira

Courtlund:

I don't think we have meet but I too live in SLC, UT. I know that most of the S2K owners that live in SLC have winter cars / SUV's. I'm not sure what your long term plans are with the S2K but you should know what most Northern Utah cars look like after ten years of winter use.

My suggestion would be to fix your Ford truck and use it for winter weather days. If the weather is good outside then use the S2K

Check the Utah Club section for monthly canyon drives...
Old 10-07-2002, 05:48 PM

Thanks Ira, Look me up.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:13 PM

Don't even consider driving the S in winter with the factory tires.

I did 2 separate 360's and then finally slide off into a ditch, all on a highly travelled "back road". There was only 1/2 inch of snow and I was going 7mph. Yes, 7mph.

Scariest thing in the world.

I'm buying a 98 Jeep for the winter

Quick Reply: To anyone who is a Winter S driver