S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone w/ Silver get body repaired? did it match?

Old 11-06-2001, 04:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Anyone w/ Silver get body repaired? did it match?

One of my neighbors has a silver metallic car, and his one door got some slight damage.... it seems like every time I get something fixed, i jump through hoops to get them to match the paint. His car is only 6 months old....so....

When your S2000's got fixed, did the paint match? Did the honda dealer do it, or a qualified body shop (yes, this assumes that the honda bodyshops are not that qualified)

thanks...Scot
Old 11-06-2001, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my first S used and I discovered later that it had been repaired. It was very hard to see in anything but very bright sunlight, but it didn't match very well. I looked like the metal flake wasn't mixed in the paint correctly.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:46 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Thats the downside of Silverstone IMO, metallic silver is, I would quess, very hard if not impossible to match perfectly.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:50 AM

When I had my windshield frame repainted, the match was perfect...even the metallic sparkles. It's all a matter of finding a good shop.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:54 AM

I'd have to agree with Jay on this one. I've had the car into the shop twice, once for the rear bumper and once for a new hood and repaint of the front lip, and it's been perfect each time. Find a good shop, and they'll take care of you.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:19 AM
vmb

I was just about to start this same thread! I too, have had problems, just like johnyboy32. The excuse given was that plastic will take up the paint different from metal, which is true to a point. But compared to the front bumper, my rear replacement also did not have the same "sparkle." The actual color was pretty good, but clearly different when seen in bright sun.

It's at the dealer today, they're calling in the BASF rep to take a look..........
Old 11-06-2001, 06:23 AM

I have had an old silver integra reapinted twice by honda carland in Roswell Ga. two seperate accidents. They did a great job. I had my S2000 hood and bumper repainted by cartech in Duluth Ga. They did a great job on paint match but fell short in a couple of other areas.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:36 AM

My Silverstone was matched perfectly (to my eye) in a repair. It was done at a body shop ... although they do alot of Honda work for the dealer accross the street ... in fact, the dealer doesn't do any body work themselves ... they farm it all out to one of a couple local body shots.

Have fun,
Derek
Old 11-06-2001, 07:19 AM

I had to have the right front quarter panel repaired due to damage in shipping. I asked around who the best body shop was, & told my Honda dealer that I wanted that one to make the repairs(they do work on Porsche, Ferrari, etc). After the repair was made, I can't find any proof that any damage was ever done to that area(the body shop told me the best way to look for difference in paint is under strong fluorescent lighting).
Old 11-06-2001, 10:52 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

I'm glad here it can be matched ok. Often with silver metallics when the sun hits it at a certain angle you can see it does not match... again is nice to know its not a problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone w/ Silver get body repaired? did it match?