S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone use a car broker?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92gli
I was in the car business for a long time. These guys are all wholesalers. They may give you some BS about getting you set up with a buyer, or consigning your car for you. But it will all eventually lead to them trying to buy your car for a wholesale value after they jerk you around for a while. The guy that wants you to sign a contract - the whole point of that is to get your car off the market until you're so frustrated that you'll take his low-ball cash offer. These guys are the bottom feeders of auto wholesalers - they don't have enough contacts at dealerships to get enough inventory to survive, so they do crap like this.

The only legit "car brokers" are guys that have independent dealerships and can procure cars for you, new or used. The guys that do well with this NEVER chase used car sellers on craigslist, or tell you you have to sign a contract. They operate via word of mouth and usually deal in higher end product or procuring cars for businesses.
I had the first guy call me again, but this time saying the exact same thing you explained above! He said he had a client that saw my ad on craigslist and forwarded my number to him. Said the buyer was ready to go to the bank this saturday to do the paperwork.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by stevenw' timestamp='1367344733' post='22510084
I got another guy who called trying to get my to do a consignment that really annoyed me...here's how the conversation went.

Him: Do you still have the vehicle?

Me: Yes I do, what would you like to know?

Him: I might be able to give you the asking price. Can you bring it to my dealership tomorrow? 1133 West 9th st. Upland. I will be there 9am - 7pm.

Me: I'm not interested in consignment, thank you though.

***The next morning***

Him: Do you still have the vehicle?

Me: I think you already texted me about consignment.

Him: Why not?
And right about there is when his texts would be blocked by me.

Some people are just rude.
Seems like I can't block anyone, unless I jailbreak my iPhone.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 PM

I had someone similar doing this, but when I was trying to sell my Civic Si. They was located in Florida, while I was in Georgia. They kept calling and emailing me saying they'll help me out as long as I pay them a certain amount by helping me sell the car or find people who would want the car. Of course, once I typed the number they called me with into Google, it showed them as scammers .
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 PM

These guys are claiming there is no cost to the seller, only the buyer. But after reading what 92gli said, I'm pretty sure these guys are pulling the same scam.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM

Just sold my car! Checking out some cars tomorrow! What do you guys think about color? Silverstone or Laguna Blue Pearl or White?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenw
Just sold my car! Checking out some cars tomorrow! What do you guys think about color? Silverstone or Laguna Blue Pearl or White?
I think you should get whatever color you like. Nobody else's opinion matters when it comes to your own car.

If you are talking statistics, the various shades of silver/grey are most numerous so you may find it easier to locate one of those. I think (I would have up pull the production info spreadsheet to check and it isn't handy right now) that GPW has lowest production numbers and will be harder to find. Some people consider rarer colors more desirable.