S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone upset at Honda for the poor seat design?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seats are great. I take a 4 hour trip at least 4 times a month. No pains at all. Only gripe would be that i wish the seats were an inch lower. I feel like i'm sitting at the top portion of the windshield and not "in" the car. oh i'm 5'8 155lbs.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My butt feels good in the S2000 seats. My girl freinds butt feels good when shes in her seat. No complaints here.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by geminimech,May 19 2008, 10:45 AM
lol....I found it in the NSFW thread. I get constant questions about where it came from. I have no idea. But I know its absurdly funny. All are welcome to jack it as I have done the same!

Why he throws paper on people and then humps them is beyond me but it makes for some excellent comedy.
It's an offbeat scene from the movie Hot Rod.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by nuklearmaniac86,May 19 2008, 09:43 PM
Only gripe would be that i wish the seats were an inch lower. I feel like i'm sitting at the top portion of the windshield and not "in" the car. oh i'm 5'8 155lbs.
I felt exactly the same way you did. I am also 5'8", but heavier at 185lbs, with a typically Asian longer torso/short leg body type. I lowered the stock seat with BYS rails, and I'm now much happier with the overall driving position, including no longer looking out the top portion of the windshield.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by RED MX5,May 19 2008, 02:26 PM
The S2000 cockpit is a tight fit, and at a little over 6', the seats let my knees flop around during hard cornering, so much so that I have bruises on the left side of my left leg after a day of autocrossing. For four years I've been threatening to put a pad on the door to make live easier for my poor knee, but I haven't been able to bring myself to duct tape a block of foam to my door panel yet.
You could wear knee pads when you autocross. One of my buddies wears knee pads when he races his Z06 Corvette
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 AM

5'9" ~150lb. Car fits me perfect. Haven't had a long drive - seats don't worry me, the constant drone of the engine would be more tiring.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,May 19 2008, 05:11 PM
I don't agree with that, and I've been in some comfortable sports car seats. Besides, its nopt side bolsters, its the seat length to support your thighs. Even my 280Z had expandable thigh support, so its not a contemporary thing - its just Japanese design imo. Mazda and Nissan have historically been the best seat designers, while Toyota is the worst in my experience.
Well, I agree that it's not a contemporary thing, but try an MGA or other older British sports car. It's all relative, and dependent on your basis of comparison, but compared to most older sports cars, the S2000 has fabulous seats, if only becasue they hold you in place so well. LOL, if my knees didn't flop around and bang the door and hard parts of the center console, they'd be great seats, but at least they hold my butt in place well, and that's more than many seats do.

I don't know squat about Toyota seats in general, because I'm not much of a Toyota fan, but our RX-300 has wonderful seats, at least from the perspective of comfort, in no small part because they're almost infinitely adjustable. I'd like the Benz seats better than the Lexus seats, IF we had the lumbar support option, but without that (or a substitute) the Benz gives me a backache after a few hours.

Saki GT, this is the kind of thing about which we should expect disagreement, because it's so subjective. I like certain seats for long trips, because for me, they're extremely comfortable, and I don't like other seats as well, for long trips, because for me, they are extremely uncomfortable. When it comes to sports cars I'm use to putting up with some pretty crappy excuses for seats (try the hard bench seat in an old Super 7 or the hard seats in an Elise), and I'm use to having to add padding here and there, or having to buy aftermarket seats, to get the kind of support I want. For me, the S2000 seats have great support, EXCEPT for my long legs, and for me this isn't an issue of virticle support, but rather one of lateral support.

I like the Bride seats, but they are over priced, and too narrow for my fat behind.

Been trying to decide on a seat upgrade for the S2000 since the day I bought the car, and still haven't found anything that fits (both me, and the car) that I like any better than the stock seats. LOL, may end up putting a set of clubman seats in the beastie.

Anyway, IMO, picking a seat for a car is like picking out an easy chair or a tailor made suit; It involves very personal, very subjective, decisions, and it would be a strange world indeed if we were all in agreement.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Burgman,May 20 2008, 12:57 PM]You could wear knee pads when you autocross.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by UMDSuzuka,May 18 2008, 07:20 AM
TBH, I have no idea what problem you are talking about. The S2000 seats are fantastic.
im 6'3'' 205 and I dont have any problems driving my S. but then again everyone is shaped different
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 PM

yo im 5'4 and i fit great

Quick Reply: Anyone upset at Honda for the poor seat design?