S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone with roadkill experience? I toasted a raccoon tonite

Old 06-13-2003, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't hit a live one yet - knock on wood - however hit a skunk in my last ride and the fucr smelled for a month. Be lucky it was only a raccoon. Better yet, you could have tagged a cow. Imagine trying to explain that to your insurance agent. "Well I was going to band camp when I..."
Old 06-13-2003, 10:05 PM

i whacked a scampering house cat bolting across the street. i thought i might of missed her cause it was nowhere to be found when i stopped. but then i noticed the front license plate bent backwards into the grill opening. Hope the kitty survived, but i liked the way the plate looks and keep it bent in like that.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sideways
[B]If you don't smack them, they might roll as you go over.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're lucky you rolled over it and not hit it with your bumper. i hit a racoon last year with my prelude, and upon impact, i heard this loud "crack" sound. i cringed when i heard that because i thought it was the racoon's skull that made that sound. turns out it was the lower part of my front bumper that got cracked, with racoon hair pinched between the crack. on top of that, the impact took a bunch of paint off the lower bumper... i never fixed it...just traded in to get my s2k a few months later. i don't think the dealer even noticed the damage, cuz my car was black and the bumper underneath the paint is also black.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:34 AM

The only nasty splat I ever had was pulling into a parking space at the local golf course early one Saturday morning and driving through a HUGE pile of crap. The way I swung into the spot, the front tires missed it, but the driver's rear hit it dead center. I just about when I got out of the car.

I went into the pro shop and told them that someone had taken a huge dump in a parking spot.

They said "something took a dump?" (implicating one of our furry friends)

I said "no....someONE. Critters don't leave toilet paper next to the pile."

He said prom was the night before, and some drunk high-schooler must have felt the urge. The sumbitch must have packed away a seven-course meal earlier, judging from the size of the pile.

Only took $8 in quarters to undo the damage at the car wash. Them 02 treads are pretty deep when they are packed full of senior-crapola.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:09 AM

This thread already qualifies for the S2K Hall of Fame.

Vince, that raccoon's family is gonna come looking for you...I'd sleep with one eye open, my friend. J/K...hope you don't have to plow through too much gore when you clean the car.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:07 AM

Last night I hit a live bird in the road. He was just hopping along, and usually they will fly away just in time to miss them. But not this one, he just sit right there and took two hits from the tires.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by Helios
Vince, that raccoon's family is gonna come looking for you...I'd sleep with one eye open, my friend.
I'm expectin' to see a pack of raccoons laying low, locked and loaded for bear when I pass by the "site" later today. I'm gonna have to bring my a-game when I approach.

Well, I used a large hand mirror and taped it to the end of a broom and checked for carnage. Surprisingly, not a lot really. There is a lot of blood, some fur stuck in places. The messiest place is under the right exhaust pipe, but it's a place I can easily get to at the powerwash. I started the car up and everything sounds fine, no exhaust issues. Miraculously, nothing is broken or cracked; even dinged. Does smell a little, tho.
Old 06-14-2003, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugotmade
[B]Last night I hit a live bird in the road.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:54 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Nasty, Vince. Yeah, you need to get that stuff off your underside.

A power washer at the local self wash should probably be sufficient. I've been able to get the nozzle under both sides of the car without lifting it (but you can't see what you're spraying). Spray the inside of the wheel wells, if you can get the nozzle in.
Originally posted by VinceD

Isn't there a saying about this? A bird in the tread is worth two in the hand, or something like that.

Quick Reply: Anyone with roadkill experience? I toasted a raccoon tonite