S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone ever do this to tailgaters?

Old 05-19-2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get out of the way if I'm in the fastest lane. If I'm in the middle lane and there's also nowhere to go, I just let go of the gas pedal until I'm about 15mph below the speed limit. They usually get the hint when you're going 45mph on the freeway.

What irks me just as much are people that cut into your lane close enough to you that you have to brake AND they don't use their blinkers. One time some guy did this to me when I was in the fast lane. I slowly moved over to the next lane to the right and sped up as his lane got congested. As I was almost past him in my lane I just slowly crept into his lane without using my blinkers. The guy wanted to be the bigger ass so he started to ride on the shoulder to prevent me from getting in front of him. Too bad there wasn't some barrier in the shoulder for him. He was lucky I wasn't in my S2K or else I would've sped up and kept him in the shoulder until he either rammed into something, his shoulder lane closes, or he gives up and goes in behind me.

Aside from these examples, I'm a nice driver.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by FraudulentNeon,May 19 2005, 11:19 AM
Looks like you missed the point.

HE'S FIGHTING ROAD RAGE WITH ROAD RAGE. THE INTELLIGENT AND MATURE THING TO DO WOULD BE TO PULL OVER AND LET IT GO.

Get it?
No you are missing the point. The person following is already exceeding the speed limit and following too closely. What if the turn was instead a pedestrian? Our fellow S2k driver would hit his brakes to avoid hitting the LIVING PERSON and the idiot behind him with a vehicle of lesser performance would plow into him and quite possibly into the pedestrian. It is your sole responsibility to control your vehicle on the roadway. If they enter themselves into the situation where their vehicle can't handle the speeds they are travelling shame on them.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by l8brakr,May 19 2005, 01:51 PM
No you are missing the point. The person following is already exceeding the speed limit and following too closely. What if the turn was instead a pedestrian? Our fellow S2k driver would hit his brakes to avoid hitting the LIVING PERSON and the idiot behind him with a vehicle of lesser performance would plow into him and quite possibly into the pedestrian. It is your sole responsibility to control your vehicle on the roadway. If they enter themselves into the situation where their vehicle can't handle the speeds they are travelling shame on them.
You beat me to it. So...uh, yeah what he said!

Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 AM

I tend to find that the nicer car you drive, the easier the pass. When I used to drive my 86 Legend people would never move over. In the S2K they move over a little more smartly.

I always give a thank-you wave after I pass, and they seem to appreciate the gesture. I don't flash except when I am driving out of city on the highway. I normally only flash when my closing speed is > 20MPH to give them time to react.

But to keep with the theme of this thread, I once flashed (short single flash) a lifted truck as they were in the #1 lane and I was going about 30MPH more than them. They moved over but then swereved behind me and turned on their off-road light bar (4 100+ watt beams in addition to the 4 lights that come on the truck). He was pretty mad and tried to keep up . I was in the X and accelerated very quickly away from him, perhaps he had his brakes on?

As far as tailgaters, whenever I do a brake check, they get more mad. I used to do it more, but my wife really gets mad
Old 05-19-2005, 12:24 PM

Does anyone on this board trully believe they are 'teaching someone a lesson' through vengeful driving? That is a very naive point of view. The best result you can hope for is you feeling better about some jerkweed getting a taste of his own medicine...but sometimes perpetuating a bad situation gets someone injured or killed- and you have to live with the ramifications of your actions because you involved yourself. Bottom line, its just not worth it. Take a few breaths, SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE, and move out of the way.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drw1926,May 19 2005, 09:43 AM
Beautiful!!
Are you really in Irag right now?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:57 PM

PULL OVER! Man, how I hate driving down Hwy 1 and getting stuck behind some guy that won't pull over. If you think your rightious your not, your just selfish. Let the person go if they are driving faster than you. Its not your responsiblity to regulate traffic. MOVE OVER AND LET THE FASTER CAR GO!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=rhodie1211,May 19 2005, 12:24 PM] Does anyone on this board trully believe they are 'teaching someone a lesson' through vengeful driving?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by l8brakr,May 19 2005, 02:01 PM
Using your logic... lets say you pull over and let them pass. You enter back onto the roadway and proceed on your way only to find up the road one mile a person laying in the street dead with the tailgaters vehicle sitting there with a smashed out windshield. Do you now feel responsible for the pedestrians death because you let the tailgater pass? Or do you feel sorry for the tailgater because he is not going to make it to work on time?

BTW, Who said anything about vengeful driving? If you're talking about these guys comments that cool but the original poster was only putting out bait for an idiot that happened to take it. He was not asking for them to tailgate how would it be his responsibility?
That would never happen. People with the attitude that they want to tailgate and harass other drivers will never own up to their actions.

I would expect to see a dead pedestrian, some skidmarks and glass. The driver would run. That's how they are.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 PM

Duh, what was I thinking??

Quick Reply: Anyone ever do this to tailgaters?