S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone ever do this to tailgaters?

Old 05-19-2005, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the guy had it coming...if he was constantly inching away from your bumper just to hit the gas again to get right back up on your ass...that's the "imature" thing to do...Not the original posters "evasive" manuver...

Before I got my s2000...In my eclipse if someone was riding my ass for no reason (meaning the "FAST" lane was open) and taunting me like the guy was doing him..I would give them a healthy brake check...making sure to keep the rpms high in case the guy didnt see me tapping my brakes.....If that didnt work...I would just slow down to a putred speed so they would have to pass.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:43 AM

While I've been known to do this on occasion, I've learned something that seems to work better.

Most of the tailgaters here in Austin are SUVs with the driver on a mobile phone. I do the following usually with good results.

Give them a 2 to 3 second stare in the rearview mirror directly into their eyes. This makes it more personal. The lack of personal interaction is a big reason people do this anyway.

If they keep it up and start moving to the "road rage" stage, I pick up my cell phone and dial 911 holding the phone so that they can clearly see what I'm doing.

Seems to work.

But I do like pulling people through turns as you mention. No one's every spun around, but you can tell they wake up a bit.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:54 AM

Not a tailgater story, but a true incident none the less. This guy cuts off a car almost causing a woman to crash into the car next to her. I pull up next to her and see she's a young mother with an infant strapped in a kid car seat. Now I'm pissed because we're stopped at a red light and I can see this jerk is stopped just one car ahead of us. I'm thinking like I do when ever things like this occur, "Where is a Cop when you need one." To my surprise and delight I notice that there is a cop stopped about four hundred yards ahead and he's there pulling over speeders. The road dips down and up a couple of times and I just see the top of the cops car. Now this @sshole guy is not aware the cop is there because he's fiddling around with something in his car. The light goes green and I pull up next to this jerk and downshift. he floors it and I get up to about fifty in a twentyfive zone. He keeps accelerating as I brake knowing what's over the next rise. I waved to him as I went by the poor fellow who was just pulled over by the nice policeman.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by WireGuy,May 19 2005, 09:54 PM
Not a tailgater story, but a true incident none the less. This guy cuts off a car almost causing a woman to crash into the car next to her. I pull up next to her and see she's a young mother with an infant strapped in a kid car seat. Now I'm pissed because we're stopped at a red light and I can see this jerk is stopped just one car ahead of us. I'm thinking like I do when ever things like this occur, "Where is a Cop when you need one." To my surprise and delight I notice that there is a cop stopped about four hundred yards ahead and he's there pulling over speeders. The road dips down and up a couple of times and I just see the top of the cops car. Now this @sshole guy is not aware the cop is there because he's fiddling around with something in his car. The light goes green and I pull up next to this jerk and downshift. he floors it and I get up to about fifty in a twentyfive zone. He keeps accelerating as I brake knowing what's over the next rise. I waved to him as I went by the poor fellow who was just pulled over by the nice policeman.
Beautiful!!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I typically just slow down, and slow down MORE the more I get tailgated. If they back-off I speed back up. If they tailgate me again, I slow down again. It's pretty effective.

Similar to the story above. I was driving along at an area where a lane went down from 2 lanes to 1. This guy made a REALLY aggressive move to get in front of me before the merge. I knew that cops like to hang out where the merge occurs so I made a move to pass him and he sped up to prevent my passing (which I knew he would) and I just slowed down.

I also waved at him as the cop was walking up to his car.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:24 AM

I hope he doesn't exact revenge on your car!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 AM

Damn. I've never gotten the chance to put it to an a-hole driver by getting them pulled over. You guys are lucky.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by FraudulentNeon,May 19 2005, 01:37 AM
Original poster:

You drive slow (to not harm anyone), yet you allow a possible accident to happen? If there was oncoming traffic then something could have happened to an innocent third party. Basically, you bitch about asshole/dangerous drivers while you are one.

So, remember:
Revenge is for pussies.
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
This guy did nothing wrong the driver behind him did.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:25 AM

If I've got the top up, I'll let the shiny SUV get right on me and then run the windshield fluid. Granted, gets my car a bit wet, but always gets them to back off. Heaven forbid their shiny truck gets splashed and dirty.

Love the stories about setting people up for tickets. Quick justice

Mark
Old 05-19-2005, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,May 18 2005, 09:38 PM
next time tape it..

Quick Reply: Anyone ever do this to tailgaters?