S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?

Old 04-19-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tenblade2001
[B]

So by your reasoning, a women that is raped is fault cause she wore a skirt...RIGHT. I mean, if she didn't want guys coming after her, she should stay at home or be completely covered, so not to tempt them.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:07 AM

what gets me are the teenagers that drive the crx's with shoe polish numbers on their windows. what is that all about? does this mean they are street racer or something?

Out here in the DFW, the teenage ricer's are the same as they are anywhere. I'm in my mid 20's and I can't resist after a few blurps of the throttle from one of them. Lift, engage, and one notch to the left is 3rd, from 5th and whoa... I go, dusting the little perps.

I have had more recent run-ins with last gen. preludes.

dust the little perps when you get the safe chance to do it.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:47 AM

I get it more from the younger guys driving Mustangs and Vetts.....but it still can be annoying.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:06 AM

most def. if i'm having a bad day and the road's clear, it's on. prefer to take my agression out on these chumps instead of friends, family or small animals.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by J.T
I also think the guys here in Cali know whats going on. Most of the "ricer" cars tell me my car is nice.....don't know if it's a compliment from them.

I have gotten quite a few compliments from the 'Honda kids', and I guess I still consider myself one. The last verbal compliment I received was, 'Yo - that's a phat-ass Honda!' Makes you feel good. When I was in my teens, I spent every spare dollar I had on my car. If someone pulled up in something nice, something that obviously had a lot of care put into it, I would always at least give them a , regardless of the make or model.

Actually, I don't get many verbal compliments - more often than not, it's the 'nod'. It's not cool to verbalize a compliment in Cali, I guess - but the 'straight face single nod' seems to be universal.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:11 PM

tenblade2001, just do what I do, follow the little boy-girl to wherever he's going (at a safe distance of course) and beat his A$$ in front of his friends, girlfriend (or boyfriend in Layton's case).

What's that Layton, you don't deserve that? Well maybe you shouldn't have called attention to yourself by driving like a A-hole! Maybe you should have bought a slower car that would keep you from Pi$$ing me off!

It's d!ckhe@ds like you that cause the problems not our cars.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:25 PM

We had a caravan of about 6 or 7 S2000s on Sunday, heading up for a track day on Monday. We had one civic that was just pacing us and speeding up, then pacing us again constantly for a good 50 or 60 kms! Now being a civic owner myself, I know it's not the car but the person behind the wheel...the best way to describe this person is, well you know those annoying little gnats that circle people's head in the summer...well he reminded me of one of those gnats.

We just pulled off at the first stop and grabbed some food and let this gnat carry on without us...
Old 04-22-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a lot more races when the S was newer. Maybe the SoCal kids have figured it out. Now I only get the SS Camaros or hybrid transplants with turbos that want to race (more of those around here than you'd think). I don't mess with cars I know I can't beat but those hot front-wheel-drive cars (like most of the turbo-hybrids) can't get traction at the launch.

And I'm another one of the older guys who'll play.

For the real old squares among us, the shoe polish numbers usually mean they were out playing at a real drag strip somewhere, probably on a "hot import" night or some other bracket racing event.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:28 PM

We have to be careful here in Tampa,fl there are some real fast civics and turbo Eclipse. I know a guy with a 95 civic he smoked a new corvette....Alex
Old 04-22-2003, 06:06 PM

show polish numbers mean they were at the drag strip, well then a CRX owner should know that he can't pull on an S. Unless they have a frankenstein transplant turbo.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?