S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?

Old 04-18-2003, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by revhi
yeah I get it all the time too but most are too intimidated to try to race me, but I'm the young idiot who does race the ones who want to.
Well, I used to race my VR6 Corrado and U I am still paying for it....insurance is a monster. Besides, think of it this way; they (civics, eclipse, etc) crash and their out 10K, max. You crash, and your out almost 30K plus insurance premiums. Its not worth it. It's just STUPID. It would like me egging a Lambo to race....the guy would blow my doors off. I wouldn't look cool. I would look like a world class idiot.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are however appropriate times places and situations that beg for a little run,

however, if you see any mods on a car and not a teenager behind the wheel, i would be very wary,

i love my s, but I also love eating them up in my all motor civic
Old 04-18-2003, 08:15 PM

I have all kinds of cars try to get the "jump" on me at stoplights, even minivans. It is tough for me to ignore them, especially since I came from an LS1 f-body which could smoke most any stock car that you would be likely to encounter, but I mostly just let them go if they seem that eager to get ahead of me. I have been very gentle on my car thus far, and I figure that if I won't launch it for my own amusement, then I am sure not going to potentially harm my own car for some idiot.
The same goes for when I am driving the WRX. I know I could launch it and take off pretty quick if I want to. That is enough for me. I guess I am getting older or something.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:40 AM

I don't get challenged much, but I've never given in to it when its happened. It takes a man (or a woman) to be mature and ignore the temptation to act like a fool. I love my car and I don't need to prove anything to anybody when driving it. Let's be safe out there.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:23 AM

I just slow down, if they want to stick on my ass at an unsafe distance they are going to be doing it much more slowly. That will atleast get them off your ass. as for the braking in front of you portion, be sure not to follow them too closely and that shouldn't be a problem ... if there's a good distance between you it doesn't matter if he slams on his brakes. if he slows down to a stop you can either wait or change lanes.
If it's really really a problem get a video camera and start making footage. Maybe some one in here knows them and can tell them to chill. Maybe people in here will take to harassing him back. Maybe you can give the tape to local law enforcement and they'll be interested. Cars are considered very hazardous and dangerous things. If they persist creating a dangerous situation where it can be expected that serious injury would occur and something does happen you can nail them easily with the tape. Mount it somewhere so you don't have to hold it like on a police car

but probably just going slow when the are tailgating and backing off when they are braking is sufficient.
and with above comment.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:37 AM

Somebody call the WHHHHAAAAAAAMMMMMBULANCE... Its a Honda. If you don't like all the attention from the "younger people", you should have bought a less "LOOK AT ME I'M FAST AS HELL" car..... Maybe a stock Accord with tinted windows will let you slip by in traffik un-seen....and un-bothered...
Old 04-19-2003, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by layton
Somebody call the WHHHHAAAAAAAMMMMMBULANCE... Its a Honda. If you don't like all the attention from the "younger people", you should have bought a less "LOOK AT ME I'M FAST AS HELL" car..... Maybe a stock Accord with tinted windows will let you slip by in traffik un-seen....and un-bothered...
So by your reasoning, a women that is raped is fault cause she wore a skirt...RIGHT. I mean, if she didn't want guys coming after her, she should stay at home or be completely covered, so not to tempt them. Yeah, your argument is very sound, very reasonable. I never thought of it that way. First of all, I drive whatever the hell I want and so can these little ricer punks. If I get revved at a light... whatever....not a big deal. But when some A$$, decides to keep pestering me, cutting me off and putting my life and car in harms way, then it pisses me off. Unlike some, I don't sit around and doodle all day for a living, as a surgeon who deals with trauma and the idiots that hurt themselves and others, I get pissed when I am minding my own business and jackass puts me in harms-way because he has something to prove. I was about to say that I don't mind your opinions, just the fact that you could have at least made a semi-intelligent argument rather than an immature flame....but, can't really expect too much from a person that can't even spell TRAFFIC...
Old 04-19-2003, 09:15 AM
J.T

I also think the guys here in Cali know whats going on. Most of the "ricer" cars tell me my car is nice.....don't know if it's a compliment from them.

The faster cars, whick I've raced a few, actually give my S a good race.

i.e. turbo LS Vtec hatchback - killed me
turbo Matrix - actually stayed with me trhough 3rd
GSR Civic - beat him good but it was a good race.

I got more sh!t from people in my Civic than I do know.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:20 AM

Here in NY it seems that I get alot of Respect for driving the S. Most kids roll up next to me and check out the car. A few give me a thumbs up. It seems I raced ALOT more in my Accord Coupe before I got this car. I guess the kids are smart enough to know they dont have a chance.

Ultimate satisfaction comes from bring down the guys driving the Ultimate Driving Machine (BMW's). Its pretty satisfying schooling these guys on the S when they try to get cute.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:47 AM

I would have to agree with Layton's comment. I believe the immature post, is the Doc's in reply.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?