S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?

Old 04-18-2003, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?

Whenever I am driving down the hwy or just down the street, some fool with a coffee can muffler and stickered-up car has to edge me or ride my a$$. VERY rarely, would I consider a rce ie. 3am, no one else on the hwy....maybe. These fools are pulling this garbage during 4pm traffic? Is this happening to anyone else out there? Are you as frustrated as I am? To make matters worse, if I ignore them, they keep comming at me....ridding my bumper, cutting me of etc. I finally had it today and confronted one of these punks at a stoplight....jackhandle in my hand (he kept cutting in front of me and I had to slam my brakes and the person behind me nearly rear-ended me!) Whelp, that's my gripe....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this level of BS from ricers.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure do especially around my area. But my car isn't even broken yet so even if I wanted to there
Old 04-18-2003, 04:02 PM

yeah I get it all the time too but most are too intimidated to try to race me, but I'm the young idiot who does race the ones who want to.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:03 PM

The other Honda drivers out here in S. Calif. seem to know the hardware well enough that they don't want to be embarassed. This behavior seems especially true of those driving the most highly modded Hondas. Same thing with people with high-end Porsches, M3's, and Vettes--their drivers don't seem to have the need to prove anything.

However, the Eclipses are often a nuisance, especially when they cut in front suddenly. This behavior is not limited to young male drivers, for the record--all ages and both sexes of Eclipse owners are too often annoying in this same way. I haven't seen such driving since I last visited Autopia at Disneyland!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:48 PM

Ohhhh this happens to me a lot too! Actually last friday i was driving on the expressway and i was already going 70 MPH, had some stupid Golf GTI on the far left lane going really slow, until i got up next to him. Once i did he accelerated forward as if to "race". I was like . I slow down a bit, and he slows down and does it again. I was like WTF!!! and changed lanes behind a truck that was going slower and then changed lanes again to get away from him. All i need is for the cop that was behind us to freaking think i was 'racing'.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:13 PM

I'm the old idiot that usually races them.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crabby Guy
[B]The other Honda drivers out here in S. Calif. seem to know the hardware well enough that they don't want to be embarassed.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:15 PM

I have never been revved on.. I guess the punks around here know not to mess with me.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:25 PM

I've had a couple people rev me. I try to ignore them. I have nothing to prove to a civic, v6 mustang, or any other car.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:30 PM

i usually get revved on by domestics, they are not worth my time...

oh yeah, in the first week of owning the car, i got revved on by 2 differnet e46 m3's...i find it odd.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Sick of Civics, Neons and Elcipses Trying To Race Them?