S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any Of You Nervous When Taking Your S to High School or College?

Old 09-03-2003, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a senior in High School right now, and I drove it everyday it wasn't snowing Sophmore year, Junior Year, I drove it once or twice a week, Senior year haven't driven it yet, don't plan to. Nothing bad has happened to my S, but now I have 3 cars, no need to bring the S to school.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by S2K1
I'm a senior in High School right now, and I drove it everyday it wasn't snowing Sophmore year, Junior Year, I drove it once or twice a week, Senior year haven't driven it yet, don't plan to. Nothing bad has happened to my S, but now I have 3 cars, no need to bring the S to school.
you're one lucky mofo
Old 09-03-2003, 05:35 PM

well i guess im one of the few that drive mine daily to high school. im a junior this year but drove my last car (boxster) half way through my Sophmore year. I know alot of people at school and dont have beef with anyone, so i just park by everyone that i know and really dont worry that much. Even though everyday i see it i check for dings and always have a smile on my face
Old 09-03-2003, 10:01 PM

I got my S my last 7 months of High School and didn't have any problems there. I do not brag about my car at all. If anything im probably too modest about it. I just dont want to piss anyone off and them do anything to my car. Before the S I had a 3000GT and someone splashed coke on it, but it washed right off. Now, well for the next month or so, im driving my S to a crowded college parking lot three days a week. So far no problems but this is only the 3rd week of school. In a month or so im going to get a old civic to drive to school so I dont put the extra 40 miles a day on my S. Yes and so I dont have to worry about someone messing with my car. Also im looking into an aftermarket alarm that shoots people who get near my car. That should help.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:44 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Do what I do.........cover your car!

I am amazed at how little people notice a vehicle that has a car cover.
I have been using a Weathergard Cover for about a year now, mostly because I have no garage.

One of my jobs is at the mall. I use it whenever I'm there, and anywhere else that there is high exposure.
The security guard "didnt even know what car it was under there".
Also, theres a little layer of car cover to protect from door dings - bonus.

Seriously, it takes me 2 minutes to install/remove, and is sooooooooooo worth the peace of mind.

Do it!
Hockey
Old 09-04-2003, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hockey
[B]Do what I do.........cover your car!

I am amazed at how little people notice a vehicle that has a car cover.
I have been using a Weathergard Cover for about a year now, mostly because I have no garage.

One of my jobs is at the mall.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by XconZ

In high school a cover will just get attention.
Believe it or not, high school is not that different from the real world - in many ways.

In this case though, not a lot of cars covered in the real world, and not a lot of cars covered in your parking lot.

Still works. My mall parking lot is notorious for break-ins and stolen cars. (Knock on wood) I have had NO problems, while a POS Civic next to me got his window popped and stereo/cds removed.

How much more proof do you need?

Its an effective, inexpensive solution.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:45 AM

yea i remember seeing a car with the cover on in a parking lot i didnt pay attention because i thought it was broken down
Old 09-04-2003, 09:54 AM

I typically park mine in the parking garage at school...and the end of the row closest to a high traffic area. No problems yet...however, I do take my antenna with me.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:12 AM

I always park on the end spots with my right side to the laneway... most cars don't have passangers, so if they pull in forward (and aren't trying to show off), then I don't worry too much... Get a serious alarm... get lojack if you like... I am personally more afraid parking around town then at school.... at least there people (i.e. security) would notice the alarm going off, and have nothing better to do then check it out... I didn't have my s in highschool, but with the amount of dumbass accidents everyone seemed to get into, I would park my car accross the street somewhere... I'd rather walk to a nice, unmangled car then stepout of my class to a car that's fallen victim to a new beetle going head on...

Quick Reply: Any Of You Nervous When Taking Your S to High School or College?