S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another Very Close Call

Old 11-20-2000, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol..."screed." That's good stuff!
Old 11-20-2000, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike:
[B] How about just not driving like an idiot on public highways?
Old 11-20-2000, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's all settle down and be thankful no one was hurt. Enough said.

Larry
Old 11-20-2000, 12:44 PM

most of us are adults here, and the ones that aren't will be yelled at by their real mothers if they come home without their car and have to explain why it's in the shop.[/B]
While my car was spinning I was thinking of what my wife was going to say when I called to deliver those nauseating words "honey, I've had an accident." Your point is well taken, those responsible for taking me out to the woodshed need no help or encouragement from self-appointed hall monitors.

Old 11-20-2000, 12:47 PM

Dlio, have you told the wifie yet???
Old 11-20-2000, 12:55 PM

Glad you and everyone else is unhurt. Please be careful.
You're right about the slow motion thing. I remember every motorcycle accident with vivid detail including watching the pavement scrape by my full face helmet visor and thinking how glad I was to be wearing it. One was a blown tire on an interstate. One stupidity on a practice session. The others aren't worth mentioning. I also remember the emergency room doctor digging pieces of asphalt out of me as rough as he could so I would remember it. OUCH! Quit it!
Old 11-20-2000, 12:57 PM

1. Cold tires = significantly less grip
2. A little steering goes a long way at 90mph.
3. Driver training on a closed course can sometimes prepare you for recovery from steering induced oversteer.
Old 11-20-2000, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad you are OK, Dliodoir. It is never good to hear of street wars turned bad, thank God no one was hurt.

Strike, while being rather, ummm, direct in his comments DOES have a point. BUT!! I would like to find the person who NEVER pushes a little bit too much on the street. Contrary to what most of you probably think about my driving, I'm pretty calm since most of my driving is, in fact, in Chicago. So, there's not too many places to go fast...but yes, I'm betting that even the most sanctimonious among us has a few stories like this they'd rather not broadcast to the Internet.

Again, glad you're OK and next time either resist the temptation to kill an Integra or keep quiet about it if you do...!
Old 11-20-2000, 01:23 PM

I'm with Strike, kind of. I agree that there are too many of these stories. But I won't judge a person as a whole by one story (and I don't think Strike was). From Dliordoir's last statment, it sounds like he/she has learned the leason. Hopefully, most will learn the leason without having to go through a similar experience. I've done the two worst (stupidest) things I can think of in a car in the past few days: drove too fast, and confronted a driver. Both times, I thought to myself "Man that was stupid". I think these instances are getting fewer and far between, so hopefully I'm headed in the right direction.
Old 11-20-2000, 01:23 PM

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the LONG version of the story.

Quick Reply: Another Very Close Call