S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

another S2000 "western union me the deposit" auction on ebay?

Old 03-30-2004, 04:42 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default another S2000 "western union me the deposit" auction on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2470009170

This seller has tons of good feedback...... you think people somehow hi-jacked his account? if you email him, they will say to be an approved bidder, you must western union me the $ and the car is in germany or something stupid like that......
Old 03-30-2004, 04:49 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

I think it's hijacked - I don't think you can sell a car there unless you have the VIN and such. That vehicle isn't listed properly - I'm guessing it's a hijacked account.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It must be very special as it has a tilt stearing wheel
Old 03-30-2004, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by mns2k
It must be very special as it has a tilt stearing wheel

I'm sorry but where does it talk of western union? I must have missed it in the auction...oh well the auction was canceled.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:20 AM

Never western union anyone on ebay money...unless of course you are a sucker...in that case anyone who is interested can western union me some money today please PM me for details...I will sell you my soul!!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 AM

before it was canceled it was an opening bid of like $9,500 with no reserve...... and you had to get "approved" to bid........ so when you email the seller to get "approved"......they usually tell you that they are in Germany right now (or some other country) and please just western union $2k to their girlfriend and she will ship the car.... or something really assinine like that.

if someone actually falls for a ploy like that then I guess they deserve to get burned....... but I can't imagine even being such a loser to even try to rip people off.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:30 AM

I havent looked at the seller yet, but I almost bid on a similar car that is supposedly in switzerland. the guy wanted $5500 for a 03 white s2000. I checked the vin# and it had a lien on it. After I emailed the guy to ask him what the lien was all about he skirted the issue like hell. And wanted me to just send him the money via western union.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:57 AM

Lots of people are trying this...... what an honorable living...... A guy was selling Yahaha Raptors for $3500 from sweden or somewhere....... new raptors are about $7500 out the door...... he would air ship it free...... ahahhaah.......

i guess like always...if it is too good to be true......it is too good to be true....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rickjames
I havent looked at the seller yet, but I almost bid on a similar car that is supposedly in switzerland.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Just check his other items out - he only ever sells snowmobile things:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISA...ingtouchcarcare*com&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
Old 03-30-2004, 12:06 PM

I checked his feedback and it looks like he sells tow hitch emblems and snow mobile equipment. Also his past ads had the company name on it. The S2000 for sale did not have the company name on the ad. As we already know, this S2000 seller hacked into that guys account. I hope nobody gets suckered into it. I get these fraudulent transactions all the time from ebay especially when we deal with higher priced items from the buyer or the seller.

When I was selling my laptop, I got so much emails regarding sending the item within a couple of days of payment to Russia, Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines. They would offer to pay for shipping and pay a few hundred more if I can ship it to them quickly... They are probably gonna pay with a stolen credit card number. I feel bad for the person who has that account. I usually don't reply back but once in a while I email back and tell them "I can't believe that your goal in life is to steal from other people. Why don't you make your presence in the world more meaningful by using your creativity to help others and make a better world."

Quick Reply: another S2000 "western union me the deposit" auction on ebay?