S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another rear speaker believer!!!

Old 08-28-2001, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another rear speaker believer!!!

If you are considering a new sound system for your S2000, I would urge you to first install the Polk 602 (or equivilent) in the doors and Lucid's rear panel speakers. This combination makes the stock sound system sound like an expensive name brand upgrade for just a few hundred dollars.

Thanks Lucid. The rear speaker setup was a cinch to install and sounds better than I hoped!
Old 08-28-2001, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree completely. I added an aftermarket head, but lucid's speakers made all the difference in the world.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:30 PM

I've got lucid's panels in my car as well. Makes a world of difference in the volume and quality of the stereo. Add this to your "must do" list.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:38 PM
Avi

Where can I get Lucid's set up?
Old 08-29-2001, 03:50 AM

Who is this lucid? and how much am i looking to spend on this upgrade of speakers?
Old 08-29-2001, 04:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lucid is the guy that markets pre-cut rear panels that accept small 4" speakers. Even though these panels are located behind the seats, people report that they add a lot to the sound quality in our car. Here's a link to his FAQ page:
http://members.aol.com/lucids2000/faq.html

I need some input on how to achieve sonic nirvana with Lucid's upgrade in my application. I have already upgraded to 6 1/2" Infinity coaxials in the doors powered by a small 2-channel amp. The amp is powered by the stock head unit through a low-level converter.

How can I install the 2 additional speakers? Do I connect them directly to the unused rear speaker outputs of the head unit? If so, will I be able to balance the output so that I can even hear the rear speakers? I really don't want to add another amp. TIA
Old 08-29-2001, 04:24 AM

I put my seat all the way back (pressed up against the front of the plastic where that speaker would go.. would it still make a difference then??
Old 08-29-2001, 04:40 AM

pcovers:

Do you run an amp? I was thinking of doing this mod, but I don't want to add an amp right now. I was wondering what the improvement was like without one.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:05 AM

Originally posted by CoralDoc

I need some input on how to achieve sonic nirvana with Lucid's upgrade in my application. I have already upgraded to 6 1/2" Infinity coaxials in the doors powered by a small 2-channel amp. The amp is powered by the stock head unit through a low-level converter.

How can I install the 2 additional speakers? Do I connect them directly to the unused rear speaker outputs of the head unit? If so, will I be able to balance the output so that I can even hear the rear speakers? I really don't want to add another amp. TIA
Lucid provides a new harness that goes between the existing wiring and back of the stock amp. You unplug the existing plug from th back of the amp and plut it into one end of the new harness, the other end of the new harness goes into the back of the amp. Wires are provided for the new reaer speakers.
Old 08-29-2001, 06:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]pcovers:

Do you run an amp?

Quick Reply: Another rear speaker believer!!!