S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another One Bites the Dust...

Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another One Bites the Dust...

So yesterday at lunch i pulled my S2000 from hibernation, got it plated and drove to work
After i was done work it was kinda nice out so i though i would go for a drive, not knowing that it would be the last time i would get to drive it...
After i turned at a stop sign and hit a icy spot and off course the back end broke lose and i tryed to pull it back.... as soon as i realized it wasnt gonna staiten out i pushed to cluch in a attemp to regain control.... which just whipped me the other way resulting in hitting the gravel in the middle of the road... at that point i cranked the wheel the other way and nailed the brakes... i then slid the ass end into a intrepid and skidded to a stop...
The lower control arm was snapped at impact and shuved my right rear wheel up into the fender...
The bumper, fender, wheel, completely suspension is all shot on that side, and it looked like the other wheel was pushed out when they dragged in on the tow truck...
I dont have pics but the chick i hit took pics so i might be able to get them from her to post...
Im so devesated... i got to drive it not even for half a day...

I know that this car will NEVER be the same now... you guys think i should push to have it written off?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definetly try to get it totalled out, I hate driving cars that have been heavily repaired... it is NEVER the same.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:14 AM

Damn glad you are ok.

I wont drive the S2k till its warms up enough for the summer tires to have grip. Im a wussy that way.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, that sounds like easily repairable damage.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your ok. Seeing that your S is a 2000 model, and your accurate with the damages you mentioned, there is a good chance of it being totalled.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 AM

I would get it fixed. You won't even be able to tell.
Sorry to hear about it. And considering you are in Canada, I doubt they will write this off. From what you said, it seems like about 7k of damage so no write off. The appraiser will value your car at 20k CDN $ easily unless it has crazy high mileage.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 AM

well it has 60,000 kms on it at the time it happened
i paid 25,000 for it last july and still owe 22,000 on the loan
monday moringin im gonna go and see what they say and try to push for write off becasue i dont want a car with a dirty title, and even thought it will be fixed it might be hard to sell
Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, but they're going to make the decision based on the cost of the repair and the replacement value of the car. The fact that you don't want it back doesn't matter one bit to them.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 AM

Ouch

Glad you are okay. Try getting it written off. Probably not too hard since your car has been through a good number of years of depreciation.

Anyway, good luck!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 PM

Well my car got takin to the body shop i do alot of work for and i know there the best in town.
The owner, who i am good friends with, said that it looks like about 12,000 in damage to fix it all, unless he replaces the rear sub frame
He said with my low mileage and awsome condition it would take around 20,000 to write my car off...
So he said that is might be a awsome chance to do some aftermark stuff to it wiuth insurance covering most of it, so i might just take advantage of that

Quick Reply: Another One Bites the Dust...