S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another new member

Old 04-18-2002, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new member

Hi all,

I'm new to the board and just thought I'd introduce myself. I don't own an S2000 right now but hope to get one in about a year. All of my money is going towards my first home purchase in a couple of months.

I had the pleasure of getting to drive an S2000 a couple of years ago for about 4 days. This dealership in Cary, NC had a silver/black that I loved. We came up with agreeable terms and they let me take the car that day. They called back on Tuesday saying they could no longer do the terms we talked about Saturday. Ended up returning it that evening with much disappointment.

Later bought one of the first Toyota MR2 Spyder's to arrive in Raleigh. While the looks didn't do as much for me as the S2000, it was still a blast to drive. Moved to Denver, CO little over a year ago and had to sell the Spyder since it was my only car and didn't fit into my daily activities here (hard to carry skis on, sucked in the snow, etc).

My current plan is to buy the house and shortly after get the S2000 to put in the garage. Can't decide between sebring silver/black or spa yellow. I'll keep my Jeep for daily driving and the S2000 will be my new toy. Probably won't drive it between about Sept. and April due to the snow but that will be a good time to work on the mods I want to do (SC, exhaust, etc).

Well, enough rambling for now. I've already learned a lot from this board and look forward to learning more.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:29 PM

Welcome!! Get the Spa Yellow when it is time. It's always fun to watch bugs try to pollenate yellow cars!!
Old 04-18-2002, 06:35 PM

Welcome to the board... I just recently joined too and hopefully I can buy a s2000 next year. I have had the great oppurintuy to ride in one (dream come true) thanks to airgate... he is the man! I live in New Bern, NC right now... but I'll be going to college in Winston-Salem starting this summer Now I am just starting to learn how to drive a stick shift and getting pretty good at it... nice to meet ya.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:10 PM

Ryan -

Same boat as you. About to purchase a new home and within a year, I too will plan to have a new s2k in the garage. Gotta set those priorities first though.

I frequent the board at least once a month. It's a great community with great people.

I also, just yesterday, finally got a chance to see a s2000 I could touch. All the dealers around here are out of stock on them. They had a used one about 50 miles away so I left work early and got to take it around for a drive for an hour. Luckily, since it was used, I saw what VTEC would do
Old 04-18-2002, 07:23 PM
SinD

Welcome aboard... Just got my S2K last Friday <I say go for the Spa Yellow!!>
Old 04-18-2002, 07:26 PM

PlasticTHUG

I've done a lot of sailing out in the Neuse close to New Bern. Went to school at Appstate in Boone. Liked the mountains while I was there but the Rockies really put them to shame. Skiing is much, much better here also.

Maybe you can have your S2000 before the Outer Banks meet next year. The pics made it look like it would have been a lot of fun having that many cars together.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:32 PM

I just ordered my stook, should get it in a couple of weeks. Also new to the board. Looking forward to dropping the top and hitting the road.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by ryanjs73
PlasticTHUG

I've done a lot of sailing out in the Neuse close to New Bern. Went to school at Appstate in Boone. Liked the mountains while I was there but the Rockies really put them to shame. Skiing is much, much better here also.

Maybe you can have your S2000 before the Outer Banks meet next year. The pics made it look like it would have been a lot of fun having that many cars together.
Hopefully... will it be in April of 2003 or later if you know?