S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another bad dealership service experience?

Old 02-01-2001, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess it was all friendly banter in the end, but my service manager said to me and I quote: "Richard, you are f**king anal!" when I called about 2 things:

1. The transmission/clutch noise when the gas pedal is let go

2. The fact that my engine may be running too rich (?)

Was it friendly banter? I do like the guy, but I felt kinda disappointed after I hung up the phone.

Old 02-01-2001, 08:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mingster:
[B]Well, I guess it was all friendly banter in the end, but my service manager said to me and I quote: "Richard, you are f**king anal!" when I called about 2 things:
Old 02-01-2001, 09:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You are not alone.
Although my Honda service forman didn't bitch-slap me like your service manager did to you, he has been dragging his feet on the TSB-054 fix.

Even after I showed him the TSB and convinced him of the problem (after a test drive), he still claimed he has to speak to a regional service rep. before any work can begin. It has been 2 weeks and still no answer -- this is beginning to piss me off.

I think I need to call my regional service rep myself, to get their butts moving.

I remember somebody posted tele # for each regional service office a while back, but I can't seem to find that thread on my search.
If anybody happens to know the # for the NE region, please post. Thanks
Old 02-01-2001, 10:53 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ben, I think the phone numbers are in the Owners Manual. Give the regional guy a call, stand back, and watch the ass kissing begin.

I'm not sure the exact arrangement, but they must have some pull based on the response I received from my dealer.

Before my call to the regional guy, I couldn't get through to anybody that seemed high enough at the dealership to do anything for me. After the call, big cheese of the service dept was calling me, pronto, within 10 minutes. Service has been great ever since. Pretty sure things would have gotten resolved even without the call, but I was having trouble getting a hold of the right person and time was a wasting. Nothing bums me out more than slow ass people!
Old 02-02-2001, 05:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, RT.
I'll go look it up.
Old 02-02-2001, 06:45 AM

Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

Ben,

Honda regional is (860) 623-3310

I have worked with Joyce Farr (x4 I believe) and she has been totally professional.

With my Volvo, I found if you call the service office they get a hold of the local dealer and get things moving.

Best of luck!
Old 02-02-2001, 08:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

While the regional manager is certainly one route, another I've used is to ask to speak to the dealer (i.e. the ownership owner). You will always find that he, his wife, or a prized child (hopefully a daughter) has a Stook. I remain friends with the owners of Longo Toyota (Calif.) many years later after using this method.

P.S. For any Toyota owners out there see Tim Longo (dealer's son)and tell him Bob Radcliffe from SMHS sent you.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:12 AM

It seems to me that Honda dealers are not qualified to
handle the responsibilty of servicing a high-performance car like the S2k. In my opinion it should be a matter of course that a dealer who sells a sportscar intended for driving at the limit reluctantly checks the car whenever one feels uncomfortable about something. I would be very disappointed if that happened to me.

Old 02-02-2001, 10:13 AM

i don't know, i just don't like being called "f*cking anal" on anything, even if it was friendly banter.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:41 PM

Utah s2k - Longo Toyota has been owned by Penske for at least a decade.

Mingster- I have been happy with the service at Honda World in Westminster. I always talk to Dino (714) 890-8915. I drive there from Diamond Bar, it is where I bought mine. I have not had any problems with the trans, but they did the seatbelt and took good care of me. I had it done a few days before I met you at wanabe's house. I had the silver stook with pretty blonde wife.

Quick Reply: Another bad dealership service experience?