S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another Accident victim Here :'(

Old 10-27-2001, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Accident victim Here :'(

I was driving and a 2001 Cobra keeps on messing with me.. so i drop it and pass him.. than he drops it passes me and edges me on to follow him... so we turn right on a road... so in front of me is the cobra and in front of him is another car... the cobra drops it and passes the car (Broken Yellow line.. passing on left is legal!!)..... i drop it and as im about to pass the car he turns left!!!.. i slam on my brake and turn left with him however my right fender caught his and sent him off the road onto somones lawn... i jumped out screaming.. the kid was like "I'm sorry maybe my turning signal wasn't working..(however it was)" i than admitted it WAS my fault and i was sorry....my car isnt that damged at all.. some body work needs to be dont to the Fender by the light .. the lights fine and front bumper has a slight scratch.... any good body body work places in So. Cali ??? thanks for listen'n......later everyone
Old 10-27-2001, 08:09 PM

The lesson here?

DON'T FRIGGIN RACE AROUND TRAFFIC!!!!!
Old 10-27-2001, 08:30 PM

Yeah, when we tell you street racing is dumb, listen to us!

Whenever there is someone going abnormally slow, and I'm about to pass them, I ALWAYS look for driveways, crossroads, ANYTHING that they could turn left onto. I've been almost caught out a couple of times by this, so am extra careful.
Old 10-27-2001, 11:07 PM

So who won??? j/k glad your ok tho..
Old 10-28-2001, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't take street racing for this to happen...there have been many times when I pull out to pass someone...even on a 2 lane rode and they decide to pull into the fast lane too. You just have to be watchful. Its also not a bad idea to have your lights on if you are going to pass on a 2 line road...it increases your visibility and makes it hard for someone to turn with the blue lights in their side mirror :-)

These kind of accidents are causing by people not paying attention to their driving (signaling, looking around them, generally paying attention to what they are doing)

Today I had an elderly woman (at least 65+) in a Ford Focus just pull right out in front of me from a post office parking lot. The strange thing was that she was sitting there at the edge of the road waiting for traffic to clear to enter the road and I saw her car but never would have imagined she'd just start pulling out right as I approached. I braked very hard felt the anti-lock brakes kick in and stopped just a few feet short of her bumper jutting into the road. Fortunately there was no accident, but I think this lady needs to consider calling it quits with driving. It wasn't like I came around a corner or something- I was driving down a straight road and saw her ahead at least 10-15 seconds before she decided to pull out without looking both ways. And my car couldn't be any brighter red or more visible coming down the road. From now on I always drive with my headlights on...maybe this will help the mentally challenged.

Thanks heavens for the S2000 brakes and stopping ability. Any other car and I'd be calling an insurance adjustor.

BTW- I'm not sure I'd react to a Cobra messing with you. I'm guessing here, but I think only embarassment waits in that situation. They are just too 'torquey' to race flat out. Heavy- but they have the horsepower and torque to move their frame. Its not a car I'd want to drag.

-B
Old 10-28-2001, 07:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bguernsey
[B]BTW- I'm not sure I'd react to a Cobra messing with you.
Old 10-28-2001, 07:27 AM

Glad your OK. Be carefull out there...we already have enough totaled S2000's.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:45 PM

There's a good bodyshop out here in the southbay, if you don't mind driving that far. PM me for the details.