S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anniversary

Old 03-19-2019, 06:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anniversary

Hello all,

Today marks the 17 year anniversary of me buying my '00 Silverstone. It was a lease trade-in with 30k miles on the odometer. I've loved it since the day I got it through good times and bad..... And we've had both.

Many, many parts are not original...... Heck most of the body panels aren't original at this point but what do you expect?!? Lol
I've modified her over the years to make her my own and still have people coming up to me and asking about her all the time. It never gets old, even as the car (and I) do.

I plan on writing to Honda next to let them know of the milestone I'm about to achieve......... That being the 300 thousand mile mark! Yes, I'll roll the digital odometer past the 300k mark right around the end of the month. Can't wait.

Happy Vtec-ing and be well
-Hockey
The following users liked this post:
Liquidsunshine (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:50 PM

Received 183 Likes on 140 Posts

That is awesome! I look forward to your 300K announcement. Congratulations!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:49 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Congrats, looks like I've had mine 5 more days than you however you have about 7 times the mileage as mine. Enjoy your 18th season with the car.
Levi
Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

One hell of a milestone! There's three things certain in life.... death, taxes, and longevity of Honda automobiles.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by datadr
One hell of a milestone! There's three things certain in life.... death, taxes, and longevity of Honda automobiles.
"Takes a licking....."
Old 03-20-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

Very cool! Love posts like this. Too many out there feel they have to replace a vehicle every 3 years or less. So wasteful in every respect.
Vehicles to be become part of the family...
Old 03-20-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 818 Likes on 423 Posts

Solid effort. Last year I sent a car we'd had for nearly 19 years to the wrecker, it was heartbreaking - so many family memories with it but it just wasn't safe any more with the number of tanks on the roads these days.

I'd be interested to know what parts you've replaced out of necessity rather than just due to modifying it.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hertz Donut
Solid effort. Last year I sent a car we'd had for nearly 19 years to the wrecker, it was heartbreaking - so many family memories with it but it just wasn't safe any more with the number of tanks on the roads these days.

I'd be interested to know what parts you've replaced out of necessity rather than just due to modifying it.
Parts, let's see......
A. Soft Tops, plural. She he's been parked outside most of her life and I operate the top very often so between all the up and down, plus UV. 6th top!
2. Rear hub because the ball joint isn't a serviceable item.
3. Steering Wheel wrap. I plum wore that puppy out! My talented wife re-wrapped it last year. Sooooo nice!
D. Windshields, plural. Low stance and an upright windshield design.....duh. 4th one of those now.
E. Timing chain tensioner. Easy DIY
F. Vtec solenoid. Stupid gasket I needed wasn't available separately. Thanks Honda. Had to buy the entire assembly. $$$
G. Brake rotors, 3rd set just went on last year....centric slotted. Love them
8. And most notably....... The engine. The first one dropped a valve retainer clip coming down from Palomar Mountain and NUKED the motor at 209k miles. It was a no-brainer decision to replace the motor and keep her.

The seats are pretty far gone at this point. I'd love to get new leather on them. There's not much else that's a "need" at this point. Just about everything I've done to it over the years has been a "want"...... And it's been a great experience.

On a sidenote, I do all my own work (minus the engine swap) and I can honestly say that all the early days on S2ki.com learning DIYs and tech days with the old gang taught me so much.

Here's to many more happy miles and a great owners forum!

-Hockey
The following users liked this post:
Hertz Donut (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Very cool! Love posts like this. Too many out there feel they have to replace a vehicle every 3 years or less. So wasteful in every respect.
Vehicles to be become part of the family...
Part of the family. You've got THAT right! This is the fourth longest relationship I've ever had, and the first two are my mother and my little sister, lol.

The third being my high school sweetheart and wife whom I've known for over 32 years now.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 420 Likes on 384 Posts

come too think about it,all 3 of my cars i have,
i have had a longer relationship with than any other female.<family excluded>
Its just Tits

Quick Reply: Anniversary