S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Amuse Dual Titanium only LARGER

Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Amuse Dual Titanium only LARGER

I am trying to evaluate interest in a larger full titanium exhaust system that is designed for supercharged S2000s. It would be very similar to the current Amuse Dual Titanium but the runners would be increased from the current restrictive 60mm up to 75mm. I would expect the weight to increase a few pounds over the current 15.5lb 60mm dual ti. I doubt it would exceed 20 lbs total weight vs the factory 50 lbs.
Current 60mm Amuse:

The rest of the system would also be enlarged as designed, muffler and resonator capacity and so on. This system would provide weight savings and still have reasonable sound levels. The design should include a Hemholz tube to ensure minimal drone, similar to the factory.
The current plan is to approach Amuse to build this system.
I would expect the cost to be in the three grand range but that is their determination. We need about 10 interested parties for this to go forward.

Who is interested?

1. Sideways

Old 09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I'd like to have one, just can finance it.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested...but not for $3K.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sounds great except the 3K estimate. If I had my engine all set up the way I want and extra money to burn I'd be all over it
Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, $3K is steep. There's a lot of other things I could get that would net me more bang for the buck. Good bling factor though.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:00 PM

bottom line, $3k is way too much. hell $2k is too much. i have two friends who own exhaust shops, and once you have the equipment to bend pipe, weld etc. (yes i know its titanium, but its not gold for christ sake) amuse should be able to make your exhaust and keep the price the same. even if its just one guys request. ok, maybe it goes up 250 bux for the time and effort, but $3k????
some of these exhausts are getting rediculous, i guess maybe some of you guys feel affluent if you blow 2k on 5 feet of pipe and 3 lil cans, but i dont, and wont.
sideways, you should approach these guys with the idea, and if they are smart, and recognize your status here, they will make it, maybe even sponsor you, and tame the price so that more will sell in the future. anyways just had to let that sentiment out. take it easy all. dave
Old 09-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Easy guys, $3000 is a SWAG (scientific wild assed guess.) I have no idea what the mfg. will want or who it will be yet.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Sep 30 2004, 03:00 PM
bottom line, $3k is way too much. hell $2k is too much. i have two friends who own exhaust shops, and once you have the equipment to bend pipe, weld etc. (yes i know its titanium, but its not gold for christ sake) amuse should be able to make your exhaust and keep the price the same. even if its just one guys request. ok, maybe it goes up 250 bux for the time and effort, but $3k????
some of these exhausts are getting rediculous, i guess maybe some of you guys feel affluent if you blow 2k on 5 feet of pipe and 3 lil cans, but i dont, and wont.
sideways, you should approach these guys with the idea, and if they are smart, and recognize your status here, they will make it, maybe even sponsor you, and tame the price so that more will sell in the future. anyways just had to let that sentiment out. take it easy all. dave
$3000 might be little much for exhaust....

but
welding Ti IS NOT easy.
The equipment and welding technique has to be top notch and most of good Ti-welders are hired by high-tech industry(Aerospace/Cruisers).
They get paid ALOT and having someone like that to weld car exhaust(this actually sound silly)...it will cost alot.
When u look at Amuse Ti exhaust(or other high Q Ti exhaust) all pipings are spot welded which takes long time.

Ti material can be expensive but it's the LABOR that's making high Q Ti exhaust $$$.

Amuse exhaust is not medral bent Ti piping but in Japan some company were able to medral bent Ti piping(which is much harder due to stregth and heat weakness of Ti but it was much better quality than Amuse piping) and yeah of course they were expensier than Amuse.