S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Am I insane, or having a love affair with my S2K?

Old 10-26-2000, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I losing my mind? .....Last night it rained a little, which meant driving to work this morning with the top up, for the first time since early May. What a miserable journey. I almost cried! Got to work and then spent 10 minutes in the drizzle, cleaning the road dirt off the car with the chamois (which I keep under the seat for emergencies like this).

Every night when I get home, I dust my car and clean off the bugs. I wash it once a week (whether it needs it or not), and I refuse to go to the store in it when it's raining. Even when I'm at the supermarket, I always park at least 100 yards away from the nearest car (well, it seems that far).

I've been known to wash my car in the rain at work, and I try to park my car in a conspicuous spot outside Starbucks so that I can sit and watch from afar as people admire it.

Tell me there are others out there who do the same things - or am I the only one who hasn't got a life? I'm either insane, or completely in love with my S2K......I don't know which!
Old 10-26-2000, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to keep my car as clean as possible...which means to me dusting the car and cleaning the wheels nightly. I have Racing Hart 18" M6 wheels (hard to clean). When it rains I drive it off when I get it home and in the garage. I wash it about every 2 weeks whether it needs it or not.
Old 10-26-2000, 10:39 AM

Hey don't worry. My dad's got OCD, he does stuff worse than that...and besides, I plan on treating my car the same! Gotta take care of your baby!

Jay
Old 10-26-2000, 10:44 AM

1Y2KS2K, one word for you OBSESSION . Interesting in other hobbies?
Old 10-26-2000, 10:55 AM

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your behavior. For the first time in my life I'm glad that I'm considered disabled (heart condition) and am eligible for handicapped parking. The stook sits in nice wide parking place, safe from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. I must admit that I've been challenged on more than one occasion by a do-gooder citizen. Instead of telling them that its none of their business and going on my way, I tend to try and explain by showing my bypass scar or whipping out my medicare card in order to save my baby from their wrath in my absence.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:00 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

Guilty as charged. I have always been anal about my cars but my girlfriend says I am obsessive about this car.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:03 AM

What, you mean everybody doesn't do that?
Old 10-26-2000, 11:14 AM

I'm pretty compulsive myself. I guess first time in my life that i owned such a nice car and i want to treasure it. It's a damn shame i can't take it the afterlife.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:14 AM

people have said that my s2k is like my gf...she goes with me everywhere, when i'm out of town i bring pictures of her with me, when she was in the shop for TSB 055 i was depressed and always calling in to check on her, i could spend days on end just looking at her, we spend hours roaming the countryside together just me and her...

i think it's ok to love/obsess the car. nothing insane about it
Old 10-26-2000, 11:15 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

THIS THREAD IS GONNA MUSHROOM! I predict 50+ posts in like a day.

Quick Reply: Am I insane, or having a love affair with my S2K?