S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

almost killed a dummy on a bike today

Old 11-21-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost killed a dummy on a bike today

thank GOD i've been working out and doing lots of squats & ham curls.. lol

but seriously my gf & i were going about 35 around school when some retard riding a bicycle decides to fly out of nowhere and cross the street! both feet in and i smashed the brakes as hard as i could. the dudes expression when he realized he fuc##ed up and was too late when he jumped in front of me = priceless.

i prolly stopped about 5 inches from sending the guy to where he came from.. he was shit#ing his pants and was profusely apologizing.. i wanted to get out and smack his face but my cooler head prevailed.

the tire screech got everyone's attention and ppl were sayin how lucky this dudes was to be alive.. yikes

Old 11-21-2004, 06:05 PM

wow
good reflexes
at least nothing bad happened.. just a little wear on your brakes and tires.. and probably some tense nerves...
but people in general need to be more considerate of what they are doing sometimes, ive seen people at sidewalks just walk out onto the road, with out even really looking

drivesafe,
yod88
Old 11-21-2004, 06:11 PM

The other day I was pulling out of a gas station and turning right- this dork on a bike comes flying out in the middle of the road from behind a dumpster. I slammed on the brakes and missed him by about a foot. I then had to get my car into reverse to back out of traffic, as cars were flying towards me and I was at a dead stop. The moron then apparently looped around behind me, as I missed him by about six inches when I was backing out of traffic.

The stupid thing is that there was a very large sidewalk he could have used the whole time, as there is a college near by and they make our sidewalks large enough for bicycle use. At least then I would have seen him and tried to avoid him.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:03 PM
WPS

one time i was in an intersection looking to go into the main road and this kid on a bike was just waiting there at the sidewalk. i was thinking what is he waiting for , why doesn't he just cross. as soon as there was a spot to merge into traffic he crosses the street. i think he wanted me to hit him.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I went to a bar yesterday where the parking lot is small and they have vallet parking. The lot was full, but the vallets were using the adjecent bank parking lot. I pulled into the bar's lot and quickly realized it was full. I was NOT about to hand my keys to some kid with such close proximity to an expressway entrance!

Anyway, I turned around and started pulling back out to drive over to an adjacent lot myself when two of the vallets came running back from the bank's lot without looking where they were going and almost ran RIGHt out in front of my car. The bank's lot and the bar's lot were separated by some high bushes so there was no way for me to see them, but how could they miss the headlights and marker lights of a car?

This was at about 2:00am so it would be pitch black any day of the year, but this still serves as a reminder to watch out for pedestrians with the days being so short. You don't want to dent, or scratch your car. (or hit anyone I guess, either. )
Old 11-21-2004, 08:49 PM

Old 11-21-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took out a guy on rollerskates who ran a red light at the bottom of a big hill 14 years ago. Bloody mess.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YOD88,Nov 21 2004, 07:05 PM
people in general need to be more considerate of what they are doing sometimes, ive seen people at sidewalks just walk out onto the road, with out even really looking
You know, in the state where I live in that is legal, if it is at an intersection. No one wants to be "dead right", as they say, but too many drivers think that once they get in the car bike riders and pedestrians are just annoying obstacles.

The stupid thing is that there was a very large sidewalk he could have used the whole time, as there is a college near by and they make our sidewalks large enough for bicycle use. At least then I would have seen him and tried to avoid him.
In a lot of places, it is not legal to ride a bike on a sidewalk. If the guy really did just "shoot out of nowhere" into your lane, he screwed up bigtime. But did he do that, or did you just not see him until it was almost too late?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a road biker and try to ride safely, obeying the rules of the road and common sense. Unfortunately, other unsafe cyclists have turned many drivers off and the drivers take it out on me. I'm just trying to get an aerobic workout!
Old 11-22-2004, 03:43 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I hit a pedestrian once. But like I say, if you don't like the way I drive, stay off the foot paths. <- That was a joke BTW.

Quick Reply: almost killed a dummy on a bike today