S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

almost forgot why i didnt go in chat rooms (venting)

Old 03-13-2002, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wisconsin S2k
[B]So I'm in "car talk" on AOL.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

djohnston:

Point taken...there's no arguing with the experiences you describe there. Sadly, it's also true of our own car industry, or rather what's left of it. It gives me no pleasure to say there few British cars; even some of the more desirable ones, that I could invest in without very real quality/reliability worries.

I was though, more referring to what often seems to be a total tolerance gap between the aficionados of the big and the lazy, i.e. the classic 'American Car', and those who favour the more frenetic, energy efficient modern alternatives. As someone said earlier "Very different cars for different purposes" Certainly for different tastes, and there is an undeniable satisfaction in driving either when the mood suits.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by stocks2k

I have to disagree in the sense that while an LS1 may get comparable fuel economy on the highway if my S2000 and an LS1 powered car are going full tilt I am still gettting about 20 MPG and thay aren't anywhere close.
You might want to ask people what kind of mileage they get at the track before you assume that. Both cars are in the single digits at wide open throttle. My point wasn't to slam the s2000 anyway, just to remind us that ignorance works both ways.

Also you can't generalize when you compare cars. I agree that as whole, the domestics are not the greatest, but when I purchase a car I am not buying an entire product line, but rather a single vehicle. With that in mind there are domestic sports cars that fit their target market as well as any import. Just because there are some domestic cars that still suckdoesn't mean you have to buy them and it shouldn't stop you from buying a domestic car that doesn't suck. After all just because kia is an eastern import, I don't judge the s2000 based on kia's reputation. Just something to think about...
Old 03-13-2002, 10:42 AM

I can't argue with track mileage being in the single digits, I am basing my findings on the cars I have driven and owned and my S2000 gets 22-23 MPG average on every tank of gas and I drive it like it should be driven. When driving previous cars in the same manner they averaged in the low teens, and yes I have owned American muscle cars. I too love all cars for different reasons.

I can't even say I think driving the S2000 is more fun than an old ~320 hp Mustang I used to have. It is more fun in some ways, but the Mustang had its attributes as well.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sehekel,

Thanks for your view. It's nice to see people who are more respectful of all cars. I may run against imports and american cars when I race, etc. But regardless of win or lose, I'd love to chat about your car. Even if it is a mustang, camaro, etc. I just like cars. Especially mine. lol
Old 03-15-2002, 03:38 PM

Z06's aren't LS1s, they're LS6 motors.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:25 PM

this has happened to me too
Old 03-15-2002, 07:26 PM

oh yeah, im gonna make a new sn and im gonna go in there saying i have a mustang gt and then if they get on the subj of imports ill tell em i got walked by about 2-3 lengths by an S LOL.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jschmidt
BTW, before dismissing the Z in the twisties, one should know it pulls .88g on the skidpad.
Skidpad numbers don't mean anything, unless your idea of twisties is a big oval (sounds like Nascar). Slalom speed is were real handling comes into play. Edmunds.com has a sport coupe comparision test were the Z came in last place among 8 cars. The Mercury Cougar had a faster speed than the Z. The Z is only good for one thing, straight line.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Voodoo_S2K
[B]

Skidpad numbers don't mean anything, unless your idea of twisties is a big oval (sounds like Nascar).

Quick Reply: almost forgot why i didnt go in chat rooms (venting)