S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AllState Insurance anyone?!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happen to own an Allstate agency so I might know a thing or two. Then again maybe not.

Anyways if you get stopped buy the policy in any state all they care is that the car has insurance. They could care less who name is on the insurance card. All they care about is that that car has insurance.

Also remember that technically you can only insure something that you own. Kind of keeps people from insuring there neighbors SUV then torching it in the night to collect. Cant insure someone else's property.

So if you title a car in your own name you need to make sure your agent ads you as an additional insured if your on your parents policy. Or you might find out the hard way that your not technically covered.

And I wish people would stop talking about what they should be paying. Its so fricking stupid. You could have everything the exactly the same except your zip code and it could be twice as much. Allstate uses a logarithm of 284 different factors to figure rates.

You want the best rate. And you can get on your parents policy then there you go.

If your out on your own and have a clean record and good credit. usually Allstate or state farm will be the best bet for you. That's why we insurance more drivers then the next 20 companies combined.

If you have a dui then call progressive.

If your in the military of have a family member who is call USAA.

Also Amica can be good.

Class dismissed.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by F355FTS,Jul 31 2007, 08:14 AM
I happen to own an Allstate agency so I might know a thing or two. Then again maybe not.

Anyways if you get stopped buy the policy in any state all they care is that the car has insurance. They could care less who name is on the insurance card. All they care about is that that car has insurance.

Also remember that technically you can only insure something that you own. Kind of keeps people from insuring there neighbors SUV then torching it in the night to collect. Cant insure someone else's property.

So if you title a car in your own name you need to make sure your agent ads you as an additional insured if your on your parents policy. Or you might find out the hard way that your not technically covered.

And I wish people would stop talking about what they should be paying. Its so fricking stupid. You could have everything the exactly the same except your zip code and it could be twice as much. Allstate uses a logarithm of 284 different factors to figure rates.

You want the best rate. And you can get on your parents policy then there you go.

If your out on your own and have a clean record and good credit. usually Allstate or state farm will be the best bet for you. That's why we insurance more drivers then the next 20 companies combined.

If you have a dui then call progressive.

If your in the military of have a family member who is call USAA.

Also Amica can be good.

Class dismissed.
thanks, but kinda didnt understand alot of things you said...

so legally, my dad would be insured as a primary driver, and me as the secondary driver?

and what happens if I am not insured as a secondary driver, and the insurance company finds out, or if i get puller over by the police?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 PM

There is no such thing as primary or secondary driver sort of.

If a car has insurance then any licensed driver is covered. You dont need to be on the policy.

I could lend you my car right now and you could total it and its covered. As long as you have a license. There are consumer protection laws in place to protect people from insurance company's that try to deny claims.

Read your policy. It only takes 10 minutes.

You will see things like no coverage for acts of wars, earth quakes, riots, terroism. You dont always have coverage. All companies exclude certain things.

There are lots of grey areas in insurance. Thats why its generally good to go with a company you know and trust.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by F355FTS,Jul 31 2007, 02:27 PM
There is no such thing as primary or secondary driver sort of.

If a car has insurance then any licensed driver is covered. You dont need to be on the policy.

I could lend you my car right now and you could total it and its covered. As long as you have a license. There are consumer protection laws in place to protect people from insurance company's that try to deny claims.

Read your policy. It only takes 10 minutes.

You will see things like no coverage for acts of wars, earth quakes, riots, terroism. You dont always have coverage. All companies exclude certain things.

There are lots of grey areas in insurance. Thats why its generally good to go with a company you know and trust.
So you're saying that as long as I have an insurance policy on my car, I can let any licensed driver drive it, and if they wreck it, the car is covered. But then who takes the premium hit? Me, right?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just paid my insurance today

22 years old
male
good driver discount
no accident
no point
car under my name and my name alone

00 s2k, in SOCAL, liability with accessgeneral insurance(i know it's not all state)

374 dollar for one year
Old 07-31-2007, 02:10 PM

Just so you know, if you buy a second beater-type car for cheap with the S, you will be placed in a higher age bracket with lower payments if the beater is listed as your daily. My friend did this back when we were 20 when he got his first NSX - bought a 93 Vigor with it for just that purpose and ended up paying $160/mo for both cars.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CalBear07,Jul 31 2007, 02:00 PM
So you're saying that as long as I have an insurance policy on my car, I can let any licensed driver drive it, and if they wreck it, the car is covered. But then who takes the premium hit? Me, right?
I dont think that's how it work in socal, there's specified excluded driver if they are living in your household or something like that.

but if you have a friend that lives somewhere else, he drive your car and they wrecked it. In california the car's insurance kicks in first, so it's going to affect your rearend first, unless your friend talks to their insurance and have it as an at fault accident on their part.

as far as i know that's the way it works in california.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by SlipAngle79,Jul 31 2007, 02:10 PM
Just so you know, if you buy a second beater-type car for cheap with the S, you will be placed in a higher age bracket with lower payments if the beater is listed as your daily. My friend did this back when we were 20 when he got his first NSX - bought a 93 Vigor with it for just that purpose and ended up paying $160/mo for both cars.
that's what i did with my s and my 90 miata, the miata got a good chuck off the insurance. Since i give the car to my gf, my insurance is actually cheaper now for some reason, by a couple hundred dollar without any clue.

i was trying not to ask ANY question when they are doing the paperwork after they told me it about the price
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

My limits are the same at Wawanesa but I have an even lower deductible ($500 at Wawanesa compared to $1000 with Allstate.) Same limits as before, 50/100/50

I'm not saying everyone should move to Wawanesa. I'm just giving them a try since I heard good things about them and their rates are excellent.

My Allstate agent kind of pissed me off yesterday when I was cancelling my policy. He started doing adjustments, trying to give me discounts.... when nothing as changed before since I got my car. When adjusted, it came out to be about $180 a month instead of $250. He could have easily done it when I got my car. My previous agent was awesome though. I got into an accident (not at fault) about over 4 years ago and was sued in small claims court. My agent took the time to prepare me documents and pictures and even showed up to court to talk things over with me. Thats pretty awesome service if you ask me. BTW, I won in court.

If Wawanesa screws me over in a claim or gives me bad service, I'll just simply not renew my policy. But for now, less money on insurance, and more money for a hardtop and wheels.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM

We have allstate i listed under all the cars 1982 Benz 300 D 1996 dodge caravan and a 2006 s2000 just by adding the car as weekend only car we have to pay 220 more a month

Quick Reply: AllState Insurance anyone?!