S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AllState Insurance anyone?!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AllState Insurance anyone?!

I am almost ready to lease a MY07 S2000.
My parents are willing to pay upto 150 a month for my insurance.

My dad has 2 cars insured under his name: 2001 Mazda Millenia (yeah, its not the
supercharged one), and 98 Honda Civic EX sedan. and i am under the civic as a
second driver.

My dad pays 160 a month for the 2 cars. the mazda millenia is fully covered, but
the civic has the no fault coverage thing. which only cover the other vehicle
incase it was my fault during the accident.

If I do get a S2000, it will probably be under my dads name, and I will still be under the civic. but i plan to take the S2000 WITHOUT my name under it.

One of my friend did this to save insurance money. And when he got pulled
over, he said he was taking out his parent's car because his car is in the shop becuase of mechanical problems, and he provided the cop with his parents' proof of insurance and registration, and the cop just gave my friend a ticket for speeding.

I dont know if he got lucky, or if that is the usual case.

But any ways, I am interested in some monthly payments for a my dad who is 48 years old, and he only has a 3 point ticket for illegal left turn! lol

I did search, and saw that Wawanase, USAA, Esurance, and Mercury offer good insurance policies.

I'm mostly interested in ALLSTATE policies.
But, feel free to post monthly payments of companies that offer good policies.
AND PLEASE!!!! post the AGE! that is the main deciding factor!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get a quote for your dad easily just by giving them a call.

I currently have Allstate but just sent in my application and payment for Wawanesa.

Allstate - 22yrs old, $250 a month = rape

Wawanesa - $90 a month (with an even lower deductible)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. I have allstate. What I like about them is having an agent to help you. When I was still ony my dads policy I bought a car and had it title as "me and my dad." That way I was on the title and it could still be under his policy for less $$$$. Call the agent and ask. What I have found is that they will work around the loopholes for you to get the better rate. I recently moved out of my parents house and had to carry my own policy. My allstate agent hooked me up. He was able to carry all of the discounts my dad gets as a long time customer to me. I switched from his policy to my own and was able to get the same rate as I was getting on his policy. They will do what they can for you. Sometime s they are not the cheapest as stated above but I am 25 with 2 at fault accidents and pay $190 a month with low deductible and high limits. Shop around but work with an agent somewhere. It is much easier to deal with if you ever have a problem. Just call the agent. No 45 min hold times on the 800 numbers. Good Luck
Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 AM

thanx alot!
yeah, i will hopefully go and talk to the AllState agent pretty soon.
and hopefully get a good deal on it too!!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll say this once, having worked 4 years with State Farm... cheap insurance is never good, and good insurance is never cheap. You could insure an S2000 for $90 or $300 with us, but it all depended on what limits you had.

Make sure nobody sells you legal mins for liability. Get at least something like 25/50/25... if not higher.

Get the person with the longest, best driving record in your household on the most expensive car, and work backward from there. They can't prove who drives what and how often... everyone in the house has equal coverage, regardless of what they tell you. If they catch you, the worst they can do is rerate you, not deny a claim.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 AM

^ wow thanx!!! haha
Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OCMusicJunkie,Jul 31 2007, 06:48 AM
I'll say this once, having worked 4 years with State Farm... cheap insurance is never good, and good insurance is never cheap.
and am a happy Allstate customer. Compared to some other insurance companies I've "had" to use in the past, Allstate is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 AM

^ how old are you and how much are you paying at statefarm?
and do you have any other cars insure under statefarm that might make your policy cheaper?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:33 AM

23yrs old - i've been a previous allstate customer with my TSX. The premium was around 120/month but i had to switch when i got the s2k since they were going to raise it to 180/month. I switched over to nationwide for 140/month for the same policy as allstate. I have a clean driving record - no tickets, no accidents and have been insured for the past 6 years. I shopped around to get this rate... all the other places quoted me around the same as allstate did at around 180/month.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:59 AM

yeh, i'm prolly gonna just get my dad to get the insurance, and drive it around lol
i mean.. if i do get caught, the worst thing that could happen is for them to rerate me

Quick Reply: AllState Insurance anyone?!