S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

For all you S2k daily drivers...

Old 04-13-2004, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an S as my daily driver for four months, now, and if I had a beater available, I wouldn't have driven it a single day. I commute 100 miles a day, round trip, and even when traffic is heavy I still look forward to the drive.

Storage space hasn't been a problem for me - the trunk is huge for this type of car. I've got an amp stealing some trunk space, and even so I've never had to carry anything in the passenger area.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:37 AM

My S is my only car. I make out fine carrying stuff around. Of course I do have Blizzaks for winter and that helps. The only sucky part is trying to get someone to help you drive over the blizzaks to the tire place in the fall to put them on and pick up the S02's and bring them home.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:44 AM

It makes a fine daily driver, as long as you don't need to carry too many things. I fit all my groceries in the trunk, and can put other things in the car as needed for autox, going to the gym or short out-of-town trips.

I put on 5,000 miles in two months, and the only time it got a bit annoying was on two different 7-hour drives. At that point, your ass, legs and lower back take a beating. Otherwise, it serves me well as a daily driver and gets good gas mileage (22-24 mpg in the city, more on the highway).

You can always buy/keep a cheaper car on the side for other purposes (Honda Civic hatchback).
Old 04-13-2004, 09:00 AM

My S2k is my daily driver, replacing the 1997 Integra GS-R that was stolen over the winter.

Food shopping is never a problem. Nor is commuting (even with some of the crappy weather we've had here), especially if you're used to the DOHC VTEC power delivery associated with B18C's and H22's.

Two notes on the negative side: with the Integra, I could always go to the Home Depot or a furniture store, and be completely confident that I'd get everthing in. I won't even attempt it with the S. Also, I find I just feel bad about taking her out when the roads are muddy, or for a long drive on the highway.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine's not a daily driver, but if space becomes an issue, you can always relocate the tool kit in the trunk. That adds nearly 6" of depth. Removing the trim pieces in the trunk will free up a little space, too.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:16 AM

Daily driver here with no issues carrying gym bags, backpacks with books, or anything extra i may need.

parents have a suburban so lugging around stuff isn't a problem.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:14 AM

After almost 4 years and 97k miles, everything I've ever needed to carry has fit in the car.

I often carry a 2-Bowling Ball Bag, 1 Golf Bag w/ Clubs, and 2 Tennis racquets in the trunk during the summer.

Who needs an SUV?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mxt_77
Mine's not a daily driver, but if space becomes an issue, you can always relocate the tool kit in the trunk.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Banned

I bought mine 9 months ago and put 21,000 miles on the clock. I'm a traveling salesman and drive the car all day long from appointment to appointment. The only complaint I have is that I already replaced the rear tires twice, now being the 3rd set. I love my S and look forward to driving it all the time, however, sometimes at the end of a long day, my back hurts a little. But next day, I'm good to go all over again. Being 56 doesn't help either, but that's my problem, not the cars (joke). Oh, I can put $ 170 to 190. worth of groceries in trunk if it's empty.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:37 PM

i drive 130 miles per day (about 2.5 hrs)... and over the last 4 years I did the same commute in a miata... i honestly feel like if i had any more seats or room, i would be "wasting car" on my commute since its only 1 person for 99% of the time.

my ONLY thoughts are that i may end up getting an rsx s or something down the road for a quieter ride. plus the gas mileage is somewhat disappointing for hwy at 26 mpg.

otherwise, the room really isnt an issue cause my wife has a civic hatch, so if we need cargo room , the S stays at home

Quick Reply: For all you S2k daily drivers...