S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

For all you S2k daily drivers...

Old 04-12-2004, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all you S2k daily drivers...

How does it work for daily driving? I mean, is it a pain to not have extra room to store/haul anything? Do you even have room for groceries in the trunk? I'm seriously looking into getting one this summer but I own an Integra now and do use half the trunk every so often. Suggestions/thoughts? If the room doesn't work out, I'm considering getting an IS300 (manual, no auto for me!). I'd be happy with a 2JZ swap.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:58 PM

I've been using mine as my daily for 3 years now. Its totally worth it. The trunk is huge for a roadster (couse, I had an MR2 Spyder....). I always fit all my shopping in there. If we need to do heacy hauling, though, have to take the wife's car. Of course, that only happens 2-3 times a year.

One other thing, if it's going to be your only car and you're concerned about carrying huge stuff, remember: you can rent a u-haul pick-up for like $20 those few times you need to carry a lot.

Dinnyin
Old 04-12-2004, 03:28 PM

bought mine with 5 miles on it sept. 03. Now have over 20K, so I guess you could say I drive it alot? Loving it, space is not an issue, and I've always got my wife's pathfinder for those trips to Home Depot.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:36 PM

its ok....i personally need a beater....so i left my old car
right now im not useing the beater cause my bro is using it
i can tell you....i can live with it
its just better with a beater.....you enjoy it more
Old 04-12-2004, 03:40 PM

i drive my 02 as a daily driver as well. 52 mile round trip to school everyday, but it's worth every 1/4 mile!!! i have a beater mini-van for winter and shopping, so that always helps out too.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM

Mine has been a daily driver for 3 years now. Never had a problem with groceries or anything else for that matter. It is perfect. Anything bigger, I would have crap piled up around the car. For the big stuff for haulin, that is what friends are for. I have way too many friends ith SUV's that it is not even funny. No problem for me here.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:00 PM

I think you need to visit a Honda dealer and ask them to open the trunk for you. Also sit in the drivers seat and take a look at how much extra space is available in the passenger seat and the footwell.

The trunk storage space was a big concern of mine before I bought this car because I knew it was going to be my only vehicle. Of course I am single so I only need to buy groceries for myself. However, I have totally filled the trunk and passenger space with only my stuff on a couple occasions when travelling out of state.

Only you can decide whether this car will carry what you need, but I find that it has more than adequate storage space for me.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 PM

No probs here. Could use a bit more storage room but...

My wife complains that when we do a shopping trip downtown we have to limit ourselves to my trunk space.

One time I bought a weedwhacker at HD and had to drop the top in 40F weather for it to fit. Usually have to take wife's Accord but then I hear the "You're the one who bought the race car...." line.

It's little things like that sometimes annoy but the fun makes up for it 10 times over!
Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 PM

My last car was a Miata and I can tell you that I'm now spoiled with the amount of trunk space the S2000 has. Now, it's no mini-van by any means and is still small by most peoples standards for trunk space, but in reality, this car is not for storing/hauling stuff. It's for screaming through the gears with myself and maybe a passenger. I have plenty of room for groceries on Sunday.

Kris
Old 04-12-2004, 04:19 PM

I drive a daily driver S as well. And they're all right.

As long as you're willing to give up the basics of having a sportscar daily driver...aka loud, rough ride, and gas consumption, the others (Storage and back seats) are minor inconveniences.

The trunk is more than enough for groceries for my wife and I and kitty litter/cat food.

Personal space is more than I feel in some four doors, just only for 2 people.

We have a 4 door hatchback for my wife's car for the heavy hauling, but I have yet to really need it.

Quick Reply: For all you S2k daily drivers...