S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

All smiles behind the wheel

Old 07-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All smiles behind the wheel

Has anyone ever noticed s2k drivers always seem to be happier behind the wheel than any other driver. To further explain, when I see other motorist they never seem to be enjoying their car like we do. No matter how bad of a day it may be the moment I get behind the wheel, and press the Red Button I immediately feel better. As I casually pass others, and you make the quick glance that we all are guilty of I hardy get the feeling they even want to be driving at all. I often have people approach me to glance at the car or ask questions or just to give a friendly "nice car" I also notice on most occasions a passing s2k owner will flash their lights or give a friendly wave which don't see many other drivers doing this. It seems the s2k community is one of the most friendly, and it seems most people envy the enjoyment we get from our cars. I am a proud owner, and was just wondering how many other owners notice this or is it just me?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM

It's not just you. Sometimes I do take for granted how fun and responsive the S is. Right now driving a rental while my car is in the shop and I just don't want to drive anywhere at all. I haven't really ever driven any other car as sharp motor wise and suspension wise. It's usually one or the other or neither in the case of my rental. As far as the community goes, my local group stick close together and when we have sightings it's almost like we stalk each other rofl.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Same experiences I even had a G37 for a rental, and I just didn't get that same level of enjoyment. I have been in other car clubs before in my dark days I owned a 240sx, and it seemed like nothing but bashing on other drivers. I finally saw the light, and moved into the s2k haven't looked back since best purchase ever
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by boostedf20c
Same experiences I even had a G37 for a rental, and I just didn't get that same level of enjoyment. I have been in other car clubs before in my dark days I owned a 240sx, and it seemed like nothing but bashing on other drivers. I finally saw the light, and moved into the s2k haven't looked back since best purchase ever
Agreed. It is a bad ass little car. My favorite part about it is the durability of the f'ing engine. I have never seen a car that can take this type of "abuse" constantly without issue, any issue (in most other cars this kind of revving would be torturous and hazardous even for short periods). I'm at over 135k miles now (I've driven it alot) and ~70% of them are WOT. Still hardly any wear. I've owned quite a few sports cars (some heavily modded) and the S in almost stock form is more fun than almost all of them. I drive it every day that the weather permits, and God willing I will never part with it...

It's also an awesome stress reliever when you're pissed at your wife Hit the mountains and fire away.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedf20c
Has anyone ever noticed s2k drivers always seem to be happier behind the wheel than any other driver.
While my S definitely puts a smile on my face and I keep it because I enjoy driving it, this sounds like confirmation bias to me.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I really enjoy my S as well, and yes every time I start it, I get a big smile across my face. Right now I'm awaiting a motor rebuild on a legacy GT. I miss that car as well, but for different reasons. Taking the family somewhere along with having my dog with me more regularly works.

I love the drive S. It's a great sports car and a fun date night car. It however isn't a 4 door sedan or the SUV we have as a rental for our road trip. Nothing like hitting a dirt road from a paved one at 45mph

All cars have their perks. I think the S has a lot of soul which makes it rather different.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had a single road rage incident since I got my S2000. Thanks Honda.

Lol I sounded like one of those insurance commercials
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ateens4
I haven't had a single road rage incident since I got my S2000. Thanks Honda.

Lol I sounded like one of those insurance commercials
I'm on my third S2k, it hasn't fixed my road rage unfortunately lol. Though Its the best car I've owned
Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 PM

I always get a smile on my face when I drive the S. I daily it and had the day off yesterday and it felt unnatural not getting to drive it. There's definitely something about this car that makes it special.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM

Your not alone.

Quick Reply: All smiles behind the wheel