S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AFC/NEO MONITOR

Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFC/NEO MONITOR

I recently had my car tuned with the NEO. Has anyone tried using this the VTEC engagement monitor mode. The tech told me it's a more smoother transition now at 5500 but I don't hear the classic switching of cams during engagement nor do I see it registered on the screen. I doubled checked the setting and the vtec is turned on.

Second question: Why does it show ECU and NEO engagement points? Obviously it's a piggyback, shouldn't it override the ECU? Is it just for monitoring purposes where it shows where the ECU wants to initially engage?

Mucho Gracias.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM

NM, seems like the vtec monitor mode needs to be up before it records the reading. But still looking for the part two of my questions. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:02 AM

From what I have read, when you lower the vtec transition point it eliminates the sudden change in engine pitch. May wanna ask the tuning gurus in F/I
Old 06-02-2007, 01:34 PM

am looking into getting one of these neo's is it worth the money? what can it do etc did you make ne gains or what ever or fell the difference with the neo on and all settings tuned

any info will be great thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by a3lkx,Jun 2 2007, 01:34 PM
am looking into getting one of these neo's is it worth the money? what can it do etc did you make ne gains or what ever or fell the difference with the neo on and all settings tuned

any info will be great thanks
With the right tuning, it's absolute worth it. +14hp gain with I/H/E setup for me. It has some great monitoring features to see how my driving habits are. Most say they've notice a gain - and that's coming from a shop. I would recommend the boomslang harness to avoid cutting into factory wirings.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 AM

thanks s2kl33n wana sell your plate hahaha:P think ill be buying one of these as i have been readin up on them and the seem pretty usefull although on some threats they mention not to alter the vtec 'kick in' point as its perfect were it is?:S none the less think ill still be getting one, yea i defo dont want to be spliceing into wires so i think the harness is a must for me
Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by a3lkx,Jun 3 2007, 12:56 AM
thanks s2kl33n wana sell your plate hahaha:P think ill be buying one of these as i have been readin up on them and the seem pretty usefull although on some threats they mention not to alter the vtec 'kick in' point as its perfect were it is?:S none the less think ill still be getting one, yea i defo dont want to be spliceing into wires so i think the harness is a must for me
In my opinion, between the 4.56 gear and apex'i neo - so far it's prolly the best mod for the money. Though it's cool to have the vtec kick in sooner or have a wider vtec band while auto-x'ing, it's not the main reason. The reason a shop or you will want to change your vtec point is to have a more linear power delivery.

I would recommend dyno tuning on a DynaPak because of the partial throttle tunability. Glad you like the plate, took me a long time to put together a unique one. =)
Old 06-04-2007, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by S2KL33N,Jun 2 2007, 11:40 PM
With the right tuning, it's absolute worth it. +14hp gain with I/H/E setup for me. It has some great monitoring features to see how my driving habits are. Most say they've notice a gain - and that's coming from a shop. I would recommend the boomslang harness to avoid cutting into factory wirings.
Those are great numbers. Where can I find the cheapest priced harness for the neo?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

does the neo give that much advantage over the vafc or vafc2 (hp wise)?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:44 PM

hey s2kl33n am looking in to getting LKS2K or somethink similar, so with the neo you can lower the vtec point and therefore ill be in vtec quicker? does this do any damage or alter anythink that shouldnt be altered ie is this safe to do so

Quick Reply: AFC/NEO MONITOR