S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AEM intake for $230 or Cheap for $55?

Old 04-26-2004, 07:53 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe you should think about that. You'll get out of this board what you put in.

You'll attract more flys with honey than vinegar. And as for your cookies, well you know where you can shove those.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AusS2000
Old 04-26-2004, 08:11 PM

Old 04-26-2004, 08:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by terd ferguson
I admitted my mistake, why can't you?
I have no trouble admitting my mistakes. I hadn't read your response to the previous post until you mentioned it just then. I mistakenly thought you had mentioned that your were considering becoming a law enforcement officer. Not sure where it came from.

Not only that, comparing me or any one else to a NAZI is severely out of line and patently offensive.
Well, no soup for me then. I compared you to someone else who had very strong opinions on what they liked, and hence what others should and shouldn't do. That person I described as an 'anti-mod nazi' and I think that term is quite descriptive and I stand by it. I'm not suggesting that they wore jack boots or had anti-semitic tendencies. Just that they were aggressively close minded and intolerant of others opinions. I think this is an acceptable colloquialism as backed up by a very famous Seinfeld episode.

If you find it offensive, well, get over it. I'm not here to please you.

Someone intersted in an intake is obviously intersted in performance.
Perhaps, but you know by your own examples that some people want stickers under their bonnet and one way to get this is to pay an exorbitant amount of dollars for a brand name intake.

The strange thing is I am in the same camp (no more Homer references please) as you. I'm not one for brand names and bling bits. The only intake I'm interested in is made by Comptech and adds 100hp. But I'm not going to slang off anyone for their 'crouching Spoon, hidden Mugen' philosophy.

That said, you have to admit that the first two lines of the post in question do contradict each other. Or do you just want to focus on the rest of it?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all of you sound like little kids... shut up...
yours posts are just glorified versions of "no you are!" game..

Back to the topic.. As for leagal issues.. All you have to do is prove that the 50$ intake is in fact same as the AEM or INGEN.. or any other manufacturer...

Basically the cost of making anything carb legal costs $$$ and the big companies are making you pay for it.. and You are bending over and taking it...

AND if your so concerned about SMOG laws.. go get a hybrid... you have your exhausts and your springs...

California has minimum ride height regulations too.. and if you have lowering springs.. it aint' legal...
Old 04-26-2004, 08:52 PM

Old 04-26-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And as for the intake being worth it.. if the pipe is mandrel bent then yes def worth it.. if your reall worried about being heat soaked.... send it to www.hpccoating.com and they'll coat it for ya any color you want... good pricing too..
Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by terd ferguson
Old 04-26-2004, 08:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by devilchrist
all of you sound like little kids... shut up...
yours posts are just glorified versions of "no you are!" game..

Back to the topic.. As for leagal issues.. All you have to do is prove that the 50$ intake is in fact same as the AEM or INGEN.. or any other manufacturer...

Basically the cost of making anything carb legal costs $$$ and the big companies are making you pay for it.. and You are bending over and taking it...

AND if your so concerned about SMOG laws.. go get a hybrid...
Old 04-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by devilchrist
As for leagal issues.. All you have to do is prove that the 50$ intake is in fact same as the AEM or INGEN.. or any other manufacturer...
While this sounds like a reasonable idea, I would like some people to back that statement up before I accept it. It's a logical way to reason things, but I'd feel safer putting my bet money on a politician carefully wording the law such that comparisons of this sort are made impossible. It isn't a pacemaker, that's for sure, but politicians are always sticklers for the wrong thing.

Quick Reply: AEM intake for $230 or Cheap for $55?