S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Adding red to a black interior

Old 06-30-2002, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding red to a black interior

So many of the colors for the S2k just looked stunning to me,but my dealer made my choice for me, a Black N Black was the next car comming in.It was at the top of my list anyway so I took it.After cruseing the boards and looking at options,I had an idea, what if I added as much red as possible to the interior.Red and black badges all around, red console cover,red seat headrests,red N black shift boot cover and red mats.Possibly down the road the red N black steering wheel.

Be honest tell me what you think .

PS if you couldnt tell, it's just killing me to wait for my car to come in
Old 06-30-2002, 09:15 AM

First, if you're looking to go that much red, I'd suggest just waiting until a black exerior/ALL RED interior car becomes available.

Second, having said that, I am considering some modifications. I didn't want the all red, but I liked the back and red interior combos. So I'll be changing out my black seats for racing red seats. I Might also have some minor changes to accent the seats; red shifter, side panels, and floor mats.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:33 AM

What I did was buy a set of Wet Okole seat covers with red inserts. Dresses the car up nice, and it protects the seats!
Old 06-30-2002, 10:21 AM

Keith, any pics? That's what I plan on installing but not quite sure what color to make the inserts. Was thinking either conservative (silver/grey) like the rest of the interior accenting or radical (hot green/yellow) or even the floral pattern stuff. I'm thinking of eventually upgrading the wheels to Antera 309s and they look just like a bloomin' flower to me. So maybe a floral motif would set me apart in a crowd of S2Ks. Real men like flowers.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:13 PM

IMHO, i like the black with a subtle red...such as a black shift boot with red stitching, black seats with red stitching (like in the ITR), black floor mats with red outlines, black steering wheel with red stitching...
Old 06-30-2002, 05:47 PM

I've also considered: Red and black badges all around, red console cover, red seat headrests, red n black shift boot cover, red mats, red n black steering wheel, etc., to enhance my all black S. I couldn't wait to find one with red interior and had to jump when I found one at msrp back in 2000.
Will have to finish paying for other mods first.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:38 PM

My car also is Black/Black. I added Rick's Red headrest inserts and Rick's console cover. Also have Rick's Body and Wheel Badges - black background w/ Red S. Great contrast I think. I'm very happy with them.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:34 PM

Red/Black car.....
1) black console cover, red stitching
2) red/black steering wheel
3) red black shift boot
4) double knob sock, red over black...this gets lots of compliments, e.g., "nice leather wrapped shifter", and really matches the wheel, shift boot, and pads.
5) red seat belt pads, black S2000 embroidery
6) black/red insert Wet Okole seat covers, not yet installed

Looks very elegant and rich as it is now, the seat covers are going to make it alot louder looking, but great for summer and, of course, will protect the leather from the sun.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:43 AM
acx

KeithD

I'm really interested in seeing what your red insert Wet Okole seat covers look like! Any chance of posting a picture or two?
Old 07-02-2002, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have an appt. next week with an upholsterer to have my seats re-done in that medium/dark red leather that is offered by both BMW & Porsche. hopefully it won't be too expensive.

will keep everyone posted.

ps i know the porsche and BMW "reds" are slightly different, but i like both so i'll take whatever's available and/or cheaper.

Quick Reply: Adding red to a black interior