S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

About to Zaino for First time....

Old 05-04-2003, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to Zaino for First time....

Well, as I've said, I'm learning a lot on this board. I sent in my order for some Zaino products and expect perhaps to receive them later this week. I ordered the Clay bar, the Z1, Z2, and Z6. I will also get some Dawn liquid soap to wash the car with.

Other than the tips on the "wash and wax" board, anyone have some idiot proof instructions for us first timers? Oh, and I'm getting some 100% white towels. Can't wait to see that shine!!!!! ooooooooh.

Thanks. BTW, still building up with that VTECing, had it up to about 6500 this weekend (but the roads are a bit wet so I'm being a bit careful). May try for 8000 later this week. hehehehe.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Go get 'em, esq!

Tons of stuff in "wash and wax" on this.

Just take your time doing the preparation (clay bar particularly). Put some newspaper on the ground under as you do the clay bar so that you can re-use if you drop it. And, use the lubricant (Zaino car wash) constantly.

I found that actually applying the Zaino polish was quick and easy. Did you order the ZFX accelerator? That speeds the process up rather dramatically after you coat the car with the polish.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
[B]
Old 05-04-2003, 06:08 PM

Dawn is good for your initial cleaning, esq. It's very caustic, and It should strip any natural wax treatment that your dealer might've put on (which is what you want).

I'm not sure Dawn will provide good for lubrication as you use your clay bar. I used the Z-7 with water in a spray bottle as lube. If you don't have time to order the Z-7, maybe just pay a visit to your nearest Wal-Mart and buy another brand of car wash product. Something without any wax or anything.

The ZFX is optional. Without it, you'll just have to wait much longer after you apply the polish until it hazes over and you wipe it off. The ZFX allows the polish to "take" in about half an hour... Without, I think you have to wait several hours (maybe overnight?, can't recall).

Enjoy!!

I found clay bar to be a little bit unnerving; just use a light touch and keep the surface wet. The Zaino polishes are easy and amazing!
Old 05-04-2003, 06:16 PM

Dawn is for the first washing, to strip the car.

After that NEVER use it again.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:21 PM

i love zaino.
but some people on the 996 board were like it give a plastic look not that deep finish. They were using some p21s and klasse produts. Any comments on those? never really used it myself.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:50 AM

I love Zaino too. The only product other than Zaino that I like to use on the exterior of my car is Meguiars Quik-Detailer. I use it just before I add a coat of Z2. (I use Z6 sometimes too, but it is a personal thing with me. I find the Quik-Detailer faster to use, and effective.

From the comments I read on the board, I ordered not one, but two jars of P21S. I put one coat on the car, and I will never do that again. Forgive me Zaino.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:53 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
i love zaino.
but some people on the 996 board were like it give a plastic look not that deep finish. They were using some p21s and klasse produts. Any comments on those? never really used it myself.
I use P21S on my S (garaged and not driven in bad weather), on my cars that sit outside I use Finish First and am going to try Zaino on my wife's new Accord.

The downside to P21S is that if your car sits outside and is driven in bad weather the finish will not last that long.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when in doubt reference here http://www.zainobros.com and view the Application icon .. or PM me
Old 05-06-2003, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by PokS2k

I use P21S on my S (garaged and not driven in bad weather), on my cars that sit outside I use Finish First and am going to try Zaino on my wife's new Accord.

The downside to P21S is that if your car sits outside and is driven in bad weather the finish will not last that long.
Esq,

I think there is pretty much universal agreement on this. Zaino is untouched in it's durability and long-lasting synthetic protection. My experience was that one treatment of a couple of coats of Zaino kept the car shiny for many months. I very rarely get the quality time I need to do the whole treatment (much to my dismay ).

If, however, you're inclined to be pretty anal and can wax frequently :jealous:, then you'll surely do well with many Carnuba (sp?) natural waxes. I think the P21S that Pok is talking about is a natural wax. Not sure.

Anyway, there are folks who put down a base of Zaino and then top it off with Carnuba.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: About to Zaino for First time....