S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

? about other drivers while you are in the S

Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That takes a lot of guts to block their car and get out of yours I'd be afraid of one of them pulling a knife or something. Too bad you didn't have any fast food to throw back at em

I haven't run into any haters here in Northern VA. Around my area, there are a lot of S2000s, Bimmers, Benz, etc. so most people are accustom to nice cars and don't hate. I guess the closest thing I've experienced was "slow down!" but I probably deserved it that time
Old 07-30-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

well i had the great encounter with an 18 wheeler. he started going into my lane when i was in the middle. So i had to slam my brakes and downshift. so i pass him and give him the finger and that was that. The guy was an idiot. i hate semi-drivers. they think they own the road.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by stooken,Jul 29 2006, 07:47 PM
I've never encountered anything negative yet *knocks on wood*

I cant help but laugh about you calling the troopers and them actually coming out. That's just awesome!

Can't believe they came and gave a ticket.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that a lot of people will almost run me off the road at times, due to not seeing me. It's usually large minivans or suv's that don't notice me. I am almost slammed so I know that it's low, but come on... I think every other day I have to honk and make an evasive manuever to protect my car.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:17 PM

I get tons of compliments when i'm driving, but most people have no clue what kind of car it is (could be the Mugen HT, I don't know), and they will usually say something like "that car is beautiful, what kind of car is it?" Then once I tell them its a Honda they say "ohhhh" with a WTF looking face and then they don't like it as much for some reason. Everytime I ask them what do you think it is they say its a porsche or mercedes for some reason so I just tell them they are correct.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 PM

Heh... I had the same problem, but worse.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=406324

80 to 20 mph brake checks.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm... i haven't gotten ANYTHING (yet *knock on wood*).. probably because i've only been driving it for a few days or so.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:19 AM

I had some assh0les keyscratch the car while parked and a separate incident involving the emblems, but ever since I got a garage I've hadn't had those problems. Most of the time people don't say much to me at all, but when I was in France the last 10 days we had everyone stop and stare, shout "Regarde la Porsche!!" and ask questions.

Once in a parking lot a Ford van pulled up and about 6 teenagers jumped out and wanted to sit in the car and have their picture taken

Then at a tollbooth I was stuck behind some Citroen with 3 chicks in it, one kept turning around to look at me and finally showed me her boobs

On the final day of the vacation back in Germany, an older woman stopped me as I was doing my startup routine and wanted to come for a ride Too bad I was busy

Last year at a wedding I had to shuttle a 15 year old chick from the church to wedding party. She fell in love with the car and later on, me, and started sending me hundreds of SMS messages and such. I think she's finally gone. Maybe I'll call her when she's 18

///Robin
Old 07-31-2006, 06:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I know exactly how you feel... here's my post from when I first got my car a few months ago...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...hater+encounter

Andre
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I get hit with stuff all the time. The first time was a chicken nigget. I thought maybe it was an accident because I was parked next to a trash can. Later can a big gulp, a burrito, and an apple pie. life as a weatherman ain't too sweet.

Quick Reply: ? about other drivers while you are in the S