S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

? about other drivers while you are in the S

Old 07-29-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about other drivers while you are in the S

This morning at 7am while I was headed out to play golf after I picked up some Starbucks, I had some punk mother****er throw out a handful of assorted shit at my car while I was passing him on the left. It was definitely delibrate. I had come off the on ramp and waited for him to pass me by so I could merge, and I pulled in behind about 20 feet back. I signaled to go into the left lane of the 2 lane road and as I got to his rear quarter panel in the left lane this asshole sneakily committed the act. I went from a zen state to full rage in 3 milliseconds.

If I was in my old TL that I just traded in, I would have used a PIT manuever and flipped his Rav4, and then gauged out his eyes...I was that pissed. Instead I dialed 911 and got the police to get him. I followed this punk bitch until the troopers arrived. Thankfully there was no damage to the car window or paint. I was able to take it off with a damp napkin. The troopers said since there was no visible damage they will just give him littering and inconvience him, even though I could have done a citizen's arrest (but would be a pain later on in the courts as he explained since I would have to miss work to show up for a trial which a judge most likely will dismiss).

But man, wtf is up with people? My car is only 3 days old....is this type of behavior common against you guys while in the S? It was totally unwarranted. I never had anything like that happen before. I am not some punk ass. I have no known enemies. I am a 30 year old, gainfully employed professional. I signal all the time, I yield the right of way, I don't tailgate, no acts of road rage if I get cut off, blah blah blah, etc, etc. In other words, a great and courteous driver. The last thing I need is an assault & battery charge, or worse on my record, 'cause believe me, this bitch was a lucky mother****er that he didn't pull this shit 3 days ago....real lucky.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:05 PM

dude, the funny thingis, i was just like you when i first got mine. I was all WTF???? all the time when people acted like your encounter. Thankfully, it didnt happen alot, but still! it seems that people treat me worse when I am a good driver b/c I will put up with it????? When I drive like hell they all move out of the way though, no one has EVER done anything to mess with me when I am hauling ass. Maybe b/c they never catch up......

I feel for ya, but wait until your first 18 wheeler encounter!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 06:28 PM

I've never had anything like that happen in the S2000, but back when I was driving a Fiat 2000 Spider I had some fool pull a gun and threaten me for no apparent reason. At the time I was having to carry a gun because of my work, and to this day I wonder if he'd have pulled his little stunt if he'd known I had a loaded 44 Mag. Desert Eagle laying on the passengers seat. (Needless to say, I was absolutely NOT tempted to respond to his actions in-kind; Some things are best ignored.)
Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by DrDre1443,Jul 29 2006, 09:05 PM
I feel for ya, but wait until your first 18 wheeler encounter!!!
I have had one 18-wheeler intentionally threaten to swerve into the lane I was driving my S2000 in. I called his company and lodged a complaint, but that was no doubt just a waste of time.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i try my best not to stick out...no loud music, no unnecesary reving, no staring at other people. i just mind my own business. luckily, people have left me alone.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:39 PM

For the most part, the reactions I got from others was positive. A thumbs up from passing motorists to the occational "hey, nice ride" from someone's front yard as I was driving through a neighborhood with the top down. I did have a period of time where I got tired of every pimple faced kid in a Focus w/fart can on the back challenging me to a race.

About the most negative reaction I got was from some "you know what" in a Chevy pickup that stuck his head and shoulders out the window at an intersection and started cussing the @#$% out of me and shooting me the rod. He was simply waiting for a green light as I turned right at the intersection and was headed the opposite way he was pointed, which I think was probably a good thing in retrospect. What his problem was, I haven't a clue?

Oh well......

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:40 PM

^^ That sounds about right. I don't do things to scare other drivers or piss them off, so unless I just happen across some jerk who's having a bad day there isn't going to be any trouble.

LOL, people never leave me along though; Seems like there is always somebody asking me to "get on it."
Old 07-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it's living in Texas, or if anyone elsewhere in the country gets it, but I seem to only have problems with guys in big trucks. Extremely close tailgating, challenges, dirty looks, honks etc.

A few days after I got my S, I was driving with one of my friends and as I was making a left hand turn, a trio of rednecks in a Chevy Silverado (with one of those in-car PA systems) decided to make a public "Look at the faggots in the queer-mobile" announcement. It was great. Probably something I would have done as a teenager.

I just try to take these things with a grain of salt. One downshift and... buh bye!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that rednecks in pickup trucks are the worst. My car is insanely loud and they think I'm some "rice racer" or somethign so they'll yell at me or smirk and try to cut me off. I pull on their asses so hard though that I always get the last laugh

I think it's badass that you called the police and had them ticket the guy. Showed that fool what was up
Old 07-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I have never had anything like that happen.

I get lots of compliments, especially while I am filling up with petro....usually the worst it gets for me is an occasional moron in ANY type of car trying to out pace me on the freeway.

Quick Reply: ? about other drivers while you are in the S