S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

358HP Vortech SC is only 3 weeks away!

Old 06-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 358HP Vortech SC is only 3 weeks away!

Just updating you all with the latest info I've been told from Vortech. Supposedly the kit is about 3 weeks away from becoming available.

We have a few kits on order, so those that want to be the first on their block with the SC should shoot us an email before they're all sold.

Bulletproof is the only authorized Vortech dealer on s2ki (according to Votech directly) and we offer a low price guarantee on the kit. More information can be found in our thread in the group buy section.

chris@bulletproofautomotive.com is the person to email if you want more info or want to place an order for the kit.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:07 PM

Question. Where does the 358hp figure come from? Can I see the dyno for that power? What other mods did the car have to get 358?

Vortech is quoting 348 crank horsepower and/or +108hp over stock crank power.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Ben

My contact at Vortech quoted me 358 crank hp as of three days ago. This is on a stock car with the SC.

They dont have dynos yet for me. I've been asking...
Old 06-21-2002, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the information Ben.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:22 PM

You have to find a good tuning shop!!
It's all depends on how the guy tune your car.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Ben

Update.

This is not yet solid, but word from Vortech is that our allotment of kits is only a couple of days away from delivery.

This means that anyone ordering a kit from Bulletproof will most likely have theirs at their door sometime next week. (maybe a bit longer for those on the east coast)
Old 06-27-2002, 02:10 PM
jzr

Hey Ben,
If Bulletproof would like to sponsor a car/driver to prove the effectiveness of the kit, let me know. Besides the exposure at west coast track days, I would take it to Topeka in September (national autocross finale) and run it in SM2.

Think about it!
Old 06-27-2002, 02:23 PM
Ben

Hi Jason,

Bulletproof is already sponsoring a white S2000 in the LA area for track events/race use. The owner of the white S2000 is this guy named Ben and he's a real asshole...He made us sign an agreement that he was the only one to get a sponsorship deal with the Vortech SC. He has these tacky looking black stripes on his car and always brags about how he was driving too fast to get caught on film when he was in the Fast and the Furious.

However, if you can beat his laptimes at Willow Springs on July 12th in your N/A S2000, Bulletproof would consider a sponsorship arrangement. It's a duel.

LOL.

Seriously though, email me and we'll talk. My car will be SCed by the next event (if things go properly as planned), but I'm definately not opposed to putting some other fast drivers (not that I'm that fast, but I try...) into vortech SCed S2000s. (we gotta take on all of those Comptech guys).
Old 06-27-2002, 02:45 PM
jzr

Yeah, I've heard about that "Ben" guy... Isn't he the one with those wacky NSX wheels?
re: the duel - I've sold my exhaust, swaybar, shocks, and JDM wheels, so I'm all stock now. Never been to big Willow before, and I'll be racing on the same tires I'm driving there on. Sounds like a good challenge to me!

I will be interested to see how this compares, both objectively and subjectively, to the Comptech product. Particularly in terms of cooling - I know the S/C guys hit 4 and 5 bars frequently at the track; that's not something I want happening in my car.

Should be hot on the 12th, see you there!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ben
[B]Hi Jason,
However, if you can beat his laptimes at Willow Springs on July 12th in your N/A S2000, Bulletproof would consider a sponsorship arrangement.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jzr
Particularly in terms of cooling - I know the S/C guys hit 4 and 5 bars frequently at the track; that's not something I want happening in my car.

That would be me, I do not put blame on the SC but on me since I didn't cool down my car enough before I turned it off. This was the only time I have had that happen and have been to many HOT (90+ degree) track days. It has never gone over 3 bars before and hasn't since that one incident.

The other CT SC'd guys didn't experience any cooling problems.

Quick Reply: 358HP Vortech SC is only 3 weeks away!