S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2JZ powered S (VIDEO IS IN)

Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Nov 1 2006, 11:55 PM
You laughed the last time I told you I know Sad but true
Old 11-01-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quivers,Nov 1 2006, 02:13 PM
Look at both those graphs, the s2000 has over 700 usable hp from 5-8.5k and the 2jz only spikes to 700 plus
Old 11-02-2006, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisinhondas2k,Nov 1 2006, 09:06 PM

blues2k3: I was stating that it would be more pratical to put a 1jz instead of a 2jz because of the smaller liters and you probably won't lose that much of the handling.
And also are you aware that a fully built 2JZ had broken 6s, 7s, 8s and is in the 1000-1400 hp range?

A typical supra will break 11s and 12s all day, while a typical s2k will barely break 13s.
yes I'm very aware of the numbers. I have been doing this for a long time . I know of Nero's camp (titan), Efantis (msd), Woon (wotm)......I know the numbers.

Are you aware the f20c has made 1400 already on alcohol in a PFWD car? It is not my position to disclose that though...

I have spent ALOT of $$ in building and testing s2000, I wanted to explain rather than spend excess money on a swap of such it would be better to spend the money on drivetrain concerns. Where is it needed. If this swap was to benefit from that tranny, then I think its a great idea. Again, the supra tranny is amazing. Ryan woon runs 8.2 on that tranny. There are other concerns from the supra and that is not one of them.

Who ever did the swap did a great job and I wish them luck. I have a spare 2jz and 7m but never worried about power on the f20c. I could bolt on a 42r and run over 1000rwhp. Power is not everything .
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by cruisinhondas2k,Nov 2 2006, 02:06 AM
Obviously you can't read. I said a BASIC swap would start around $8k++ and yes it can go all the way up to $30k++ depending on what single kit and how many rwhp you want to tune it to. Some people decide to just get a complete TT motor w/ TT auto trans and leave the motor stock. Therefore it eliminates the process of getting a 6spd diff/driveshaft/slavecylinder. The stock tt auto bolts on w/ NA driveshaft. Others use a 5spd w58 because all they want is 3-400bhp. Some people have manage to find parts cheaper every now and then. While others find manage to find deals w/ complete motor/trans/diff etc. The deals are out there you just have to look,but like i said before expect to be waiting for months and sometimes years.

blues2k3: I was stating that it would be more pratical to put a 1jz instead of a 2jz because of the smaller liters and you probably won't lose that much of the handling.
And also are you aware that a fully built 2JZ had broken 6s, 7s, 8s and is in the 1000-1400 hp range?

A typical supra will break 11s and 12s all day, while a typical s2k will barely break 13s.
Obviously your slow or something.... This is obviously not a basic swap in any form what so ever! Do you think the 2JZ-GTE just slips right in the S2K engine bay? The amount of fabrication and time that went into this swap must be insane. Not to mention unless you didn't notice this car is single turbo(74mm) plus a full fuel system. Your comment of using the 5 speed also makes no sense. The only people who keep 5 speeds when doing the GTE swap into a non turbo Supra or SC are the ones who cannot afford the Getrag 6 speed. The 5 speed cannot hold 400rwhp for too long without blowing up. Last I checked there is not a single turbo Supra in the world making less than 450rwhp, lol.
Oh and the stock auto from the supra cannot hold power either too long without breaking. The stock 5 speed and autos cannot hold BPU power levels for too long. So both are useless to swap in. 8K, lol. You keep waiting months and sometimes years as you said for these deals! We all wish...

P.S. Whats up Arnold? Car coming along I see Hope all is well.
Jeff
Old 11-02-2006, 04:11 AM

Hey Jeff,

It's been a while. Hope all is well with you too. Yes, she is coming out fine, just little bugs here and there before we really turn it up. We have to meet up someday at one of the meets. Best Wishes.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great point the S2000 curve is much more usable and in a side by side race would probably smoke the IS assuming other factors (i.e. gearing) are not significant...
Old 11-02-2006, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by kelvin96gsr,Nov 1 2006, 11:58 AM
is this your IS300 blowing the f$ck up?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0POwsgyj16g

not sure if it is him or the owner before him
Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1Fast99Si,Nov 2 2006, 04:32 AM
Obviously your slow or something.... This is obviously not a basic swap in any form what so ever! Do you think the 2JZ-GTE just slips right in the S2K engine bay? The amount of fabrication and time that went into this swap must be insane. Not to mention unless you didn't notice this car is single turbo(74mm) plus a full fuel system. Your comment of using the 5 speed also makes no sense. The only people who keep 5 speeds when doing the GTE swap into a non turbo Supra or SC are the ones who cannot afford the Getrag 6 speed. The 5 speed cannot hold 400rwhp for too long without blowing up. Last I checked there is not a single turbo Supra in the world making less than 450rwhp, lol.
Oh and the stock auto from the supra cannot hold power either too long without breaking. The stock 5 speed and autos cannot hold BPU power levels for too long. So both are useless to swap in. 8K, lol. You keep waiting months and sometimes years as you said for these deals! We all wish...

P.S. Whats up Arnold? Car coming along I see Hope all is well.
Jeff
You really can't read can you?
I already stated that it was a single kit inside that s2k body. I also mention that kind of swap would probably butcher the frame and I would imagine it would cost an arm and leg since a basic swap for a NA supra and SC300 can start from $8k++. Did I even mention a 2jz just slips in a s2k? Go reread my previous post and get your facts straight. I'm not gonna repost what i mention if you get it then you get it if you don't then you don't.

Yes a stock 5spd can't hold 400rwhp, but like I mention before some people only want 3-400bhp w/ a stock TT engine.
A stock auto TT can be upgradeable and has proven to be better on the drag strip, some people have swap out their 6spd for a TT auto trans, but I'm not gonna get into that because probably some of you are not aware of it. The 6spd is mainly for hwy.

VeilsideAP1: He mention $8k++ for a BASIC TT swap for a NA supra/sc300 is way off. The fact that some people have already done it at that price range and their cars are running perfectly fine. You can get a complete used JDM or USDM TT motor w/ stock TT auto trans for around $2500-$5k give or take. In some cases you have to piece misc parts here and there such as a stock USDM turbos, fuel injectors, etc. These parts in general are constantly available in supraforums as members are always upgrading. Also some people decide to do the labor themselves. Yes its the 6spd parts and single upgrade is where you end up emptying out your entire bank acct.

Blues2k3: You made it seem like a 2jz is only limited to amt of HP it can achieve compare to a F20C or F22C.

Slows2k:As for the 1/4 mile EST, 0.3 sec is not much of a difference from high 13s to mid 14s which is barely a car length ahead, but in a time range of 10s to low 13s every 0.1 sec will be several car lanes and even bus lanes apart in the 1/4 mile track. Take it to the hwy and it will be miles apart.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by jzz30,Nov 1 2006, 03:09 AM
of course you cant throw in jsut rods and pistons in to floating sleevs. if you sleeve it it will make it comparable to your cast iron block. and there was a 850+hp f20 on a magazine in anycase f20 lacks the torque that the 2j can produce.
720 hp is 720 hp. It doesn't matter if you have 250 lb-ft or 550 lb-ft of torque.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 AM

cruisin, it seems like you do a lot of assumption. I never limited the 2jz motor. I have total respect for the car and the motor. Here is my team mates (Alpha Racing) car at SEMA 06:

Quick Reply: 2JZ powered S (VIDEO IS IN)