S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

20th Anniversary Parts

Old 02-27-2020, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, wait, what about the hashtag feedback movement on Twitter. Is that a hoax? I assumed the other markets would get an equivalent sale in June.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...a-s2000-parts/

#S2000PartsCatalog

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23S200...h_click&f=live

EDIT: Side note - Mita is marking these parts up 20% when compared to the car and driver listed prices. Gotta love capitalism...
Old 02-27-2020, 07:30 PM

Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty

EDIT: Side note - Mita is marking these parts up 20% when compared to the car and driver listed prices. Gotta love capitalism...
Supply and demand for sure. If you think MITA is expensive, Heeltoe is priced even higher.

And I bet you'll see even higher prices from second hand sellers on limited run pieces like that radio door. Check out eBay in July once people get their orders. Guaranteed it's closer to $200

Last edited by silenc3x; 02-27-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silenc3x
Supply and demand for sure. If you think MITA is expensive, Heeltoe is priced even higher.

And I bet you'll see even higher prices from second hand sellers on limited run pieces like that radio door. Check out eBay in July once people get their orders. Guaranteed it's closer to $200
The Heeltoe prices include shipping, the MITA prices do not. I priced out a bumper, wing, side strake and lighting kit and it was roughly the same price through both companies after shipping. I do think you can get a better deal through jdm importers if you can contact them and request a set, it's just slightly more work than clicking buy now.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
One can hope that the average S2000 enthusiast has a fighting chance at getting what they want w/o some middle man buying up everything and then marking everything up.
As an AP1 owner for 19 years, I was hoping to pick up the new radio lid but didn't realize they would sell like hot cakes! Yet I bet those 'middle men' wish they marked them up more. I regret not ordering it immediately too.

I'm most likely going to order the new bumper though, still waiting on tax refund to come in.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:53 PM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

The interior shot with the dash screen has a different console that other pics with a redesigned switch and small compartment layout ahead of the elbow rest. Hmmm. I can do without a screen.

I may have to spring for the front bumper. It has been growing on me. It is tough to match paint and no way am I going to repaint the front end of the car to match a new bumper. Will solve my curb rash issue on the bottom of the lip.

I wish they came up with a new taillight that was a plug and play.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Can anyone confirm the current state of play with this; is the only way to pre-order parts via limited US based resellers? Nothing direct from Japan?

Seeing as nothing is going on sale until June this leaves me confused as it seems certain companies have got in first and therefore able to secure all the limited items? I've asked a large UK Honda parts distributor on here as to whether he's been able to source anything and nothing.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:03 PM

Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie C
Can anyone confirm the current state of play with this; is the only way to pre-order parts via limited US based resellers? Nothing direct from Japan?

Seeing as nothing is going on sale until June this leaves me confused as it seems certain companies have got in first and therefore able to secure all the limited items? I've asked a large UK Honda parts distributor on here as to whether he's been able to source anything and nothing.
A few suppliers were given allocations. Not sure how exactly but it is what it is. ICB, Heeltoe, and MITA. MITA seems to have the best relationship with these Honda factories, I know they speak with them directly and are located not too far away.
Radio door and suspension kits are limited quantity, the rest should be freely available come June from many different distributors. At least I would imagine.
The following users liked this post:
Robbie C (03-03-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:46 PM

Received 183 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
So, wait, what about the hashtag feedback movement on Twitter. Is that a hoax? I assumed the other markets would get an equivalent sale in June.
Disclaimer: this is only my understanding, I am not claiming my own personal take to be the absolute final word on this subject.

As far as I am aware the 20th anniversary parts program is an entirely different program than the S2000 Parts Catalog (the hashtag project).

The 20th Anniversary Parts are being produced by Honda Access which I understand to be a separate arm within Honda that creates official Honda accessories.

The S2000 Parts Catalog is a far more ambitious undertaking where Honda is requesting feedback regarding which OEM parts (be they discontinued or still currently in production) people would like to be able to buy going forward. It sounds as if, depending on the feedback received, some discontinued parts will be resurrected while some parts still being made but slated for discontinuation will see their production life extended. Those placing #S2000PartsCatalog along with their wishlist of parts out on Facebook and Twitter will have their lists reviewed and no doubt tallied by Honda. Adding #S2000PartsCatalog to posts here on this forum accomplishes nothing. Some within Honda might end up reviewing certain threads on this forum but it will not be because of that.

I went and viewed the 20th anniversary parts on the Mita site a while back. Aside from indications that certain items were being waitlisted I could not find any information regarding availability as far as shipping/turnaround times were concerned. I now see that they have updated their site to indicate these parts will not be available to them until the end of June of this year. So any orders placed now are simply pre-orders.

The one thing that I did find of concern had to do with the pricing of these parts. I believe that this messaging was contained somewhere within the ordering process itself (there are something like 6 steps you need to complete). It read as if buyers were committing to these parts with the understanding that prices are subject to change. That worried me as you are only allowed 1 day to cancel an order from the date you place it. While these items can be returned, there is an 80% restocking fee (ouch!) in place.

I was just not interested enough in any of these parts to dig any deeper into this situation and cancelled my order before submitting it. If I were wanting to buy any of these parts I would check in with Mita directly via phone to get the straight scoop before doing so.

The 20th Anniversary parts are a nice gesture, but the Parts Catalog program is far more impressive to me. In the future if I had a digital display going on the fritz or all of my weatherstripping and S2000-specific hoses were starting to decay, (or any number of other things we take for granted until these cars have more years on them) I would be much more concerned about being able to buy those parts than a new lip.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:08 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Just messaged ICB and found out my order made on Feb 21st for a Radio Door didn't make it and had to be canceled. Dang!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone hear anything regarding the radio doors?I thought about emailing Mita just to see if there are any updates?

Quick Reply: 20th Anniversary Parts