S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

20th Anniversary Parts

Old 02-24-2020, 11:36 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

if honda re-release the s2k block and charges the oem tax, wouldn't it be better just to buy the spoon engine for 10k?
Old 02-24-2020, 01:12 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos
If anyone in SoCal orders the suspension kit and is willing to loan me the springs for a day or two, I'll take some measurements and update my springs paper to include the anniversary-edition values.
That would be awesome! I've been searching for any info on this suspension other than its adjustable and has a modest 10mm drop. Can't find anything on spring rates...
Old 02-25-2020, 09:31 AM

Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
Just used google translate on the site; the spoiler and strakes are remanufactured OEM.

Man....Would've been a hell of a time to reman some OEM AP1 and AP2 lips....cmon Honda
Reach out to MITA and see if they can custom order them. They literally just did that for me with the passenger door liner. Discontinued across the entire USA but they were able to get it directly from Honda factory with like a week leadtime and payment up front.

"We get our parts from the Suzuka Plant from Honda. Depends if it is made there, if not, maybe another plant, like in Tochigi or Osaka. We work directly with Honda as one of their international distributors. We sometimes can reissue discontinued parts, especially NSX or S2000 parts only if there is a high demand. What we do is inquire about a part that someone wants, then if it can still be made, Honda makes it for us. Sometimes though, the prices do go up because of that certain "we'll make one of these only" situations."

Last edited by silenc3x; 02-25-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 AM

Received 115 Likes on 105 Posts

170,500JPY is very very inexpensive for a full suspension kit.. especially if it's OEM. (I'd just order direct from Japan.. instead of ordering from these super-marked-up US importers lol)

I wonder what the specs are though - spring rates, manufacturer (the colors kinda look cheesy/3rd party/aftermarket/cheap), good as OEM, how it compares to CR springs/dampers, etc.?
Old 02-25-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 287 Likes on 144 Posts

^Manufacturer would be Showa, same as stock suspension. Spring rates will not be as stiff as CR, probably comparable to Type S or the original Modulo Sport suspension. In fact this seems suspiciously like the Modulo units, which looked identical, were single-adjustable, and slightly lowered the car.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:32 AM

Received 85 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos
^Manufacturer would be Showa, same as stock suspension. Spring rates will not be as stiff as CR, probably comparable to Type S or the original Modulo Sport suspension. In fact this seems suspiciously like the Modulo units, which looked identical, were single-adjustable, and slightly lowered the car.
Let me know if you ever update that spring guide! Not sure if you'll get your hands on these or not
Old 02-25-2020, 02:20 PM

Received 140 Likes on 114 Posts

I can't make up my mind if I like that bumper or not. In some of those pics it looks alright. In others, not so much.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:34 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

The problem with the 20th anny suspension is its not rebuildable. Its like Ohlins money, and its one and done.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:35 AM

Received 646 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by silenc3x
Reach out to MITA and see if they can custom order them. They literally just did that for me with the passenger door liner. Discontinued across the entire USA but they were able to get it directly from Honda factory with like a week leadtime and payment up front.

"We get our parts from the Suzuka Plant from Honda. Depends if it is made there, if not, maybe another plant, like in Tochigi or Osaka. We work directly with Honda as one of their international distributors. We sometimes can reissue discontinued parts, especially NSX or S2000 parts only if there is a high demand. What we do is inquire about a part that someone wants, then if it can still be made, Honda makes it for us. Sometimes though, the prices do go up because of that certain "we'll make one of these only" situations."

Wow, thank you for the input! I searched their site and was able to find replacement AP1 door panels. My driver's side has the telltale signs of a seat belt buckle having whacked into them over the years due to negligence when closing the door by the previous owner. And unfortunately with the red interior those marks really show up. It's been bugging me for a long time as my interior is otherwise in excellent shape. I'll definitely be ordering as much of the red plastics as I can.

Regarding the lips it would just be nice to bring the overall cost down....AP1 and AP2 oem lips are being scalped hard right now. If Honda could offer a primered lip even at the original price of a pre-painted one people would eat them up. Luckily I have a BNIB oem ap1 lip (paid a pretty penny for it unfortunately) as well as another slightly damaged used OEM one that I plan on having repaired and repainted; I won't feel as bad about damaging that one.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was debating on ordering the suspension. They almost got me with "20 years of innovation", but suspension technology doesn't move as quickly as we may think. However, the fact that these won't be rebuildable in the future led me away. I'll stick with my KWs with a lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: 20th Anniversary Parts