S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

20th Anniversary Parts

Old 02-20-2020, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossa
that wind deflector thing separate from the side strake looks new.

Looks like the OEM part that is on all S2000s.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmugen02
Looks like the OEM part that is on all S2000s.
Not true. I believe the actual side strake is the same OEM part but the deflector in front of it is new. It is described as “Excess air flow drawn into the rear tire house is escaped, reducing air resistance. It consists of a strake that is installed under the floor in front of the rear tire house and an aero plate that is installed inside the area that is invisible to the eyes.”

It definitely isn’t on my car and isn’t mentioned in the installation manual. Thanks for the incentive to crawl under my car to confirm.

The following users liked this post:
satoo7 (12-02-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 10:51 AM

There is also a Commitment to Development page that talks about how the 20th anniversary items came about. An interesting read thanks to Google translate.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:56 AM

I ordered the bumper, radio lid, footwell lights, and the half body cover from Mita this morning. An absolute impulse buy. I wasn’t aware the parts are made to order and have a 4 month turnaround time according to Honda Japan. The bumper comes primed for painting. My console will not match the lid color but I couldn’t pass up on getting one of the lids. Thanks scarcity principle. Lol.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 129 Likes on 112 Posts

Not true. I believe the actual side strake is the same OEM part but the deflector in front of it is new. It is described as “Excess air flow drawn into the rear tire house is escaped, reducing air resistance. It consists of a strake that is installed under the floor in front of the rear tire house and an aero plate that is installed inside the area that is invisible to the eyes.”

It definitely isn’t on my car and isn’t mentioned in the installation manual. Thanks for the incentive to crawl under my car to confirm.
It looks like these new side strakes come with a larger air deflector for under the car.

I ordered the bumper, radio lid, footwell lights, and the half body cover from Mita this morning. An absolute impulse buy. I wasn’t aware the parts are made to order and have a 4 month turnaround time according to Honda Japan. The bumper comes primed for painting. My console will not match the lid color but I couldn’t pass up on getting one of the lids. Thanks scarcity principle. Lol.
Shipping a bumper from Japan through air freight is expensive. It would been a lot cheaper to buy from someone that gets containers shipped to them in the US. I know a few people that can do this. Everything else shouldn't be that expensive to ship directly from Japan though.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jackmugen02
Shipping a bumper from Japan through air freight is expensive. It would been a lot cheaper to buy from someone that gets containers shipped to them in the US. I know a few people that can do this. Everything else shouldn't be that expensive to ship directly from Japan though.
You’re absolutely right. Like I said it was an impulse buy and should have waited for someone to send it via container. Considering I was tempted on a AP2 OEM lip for $700 + $400 shipping to SoCal from Mita last month, this was a bargain.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The bumper is nice. Sucks that it doesn't have a lip or one available. Would look so much better with one.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by cgarrett23
The bumper is nice. Sucks that it doesn't have a lip or one available. Would look so much better with one.
It looks like there are attachment points on the bottom of it. Not sure what those are for.

Old 02-20-2020, 01:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

just bought a lid, side spats, and rear wing from mita.

Here is a thought, if they are really limited pieces worldwide, what is stopping someone from buying all 2000 pieces of lid and 500 set of coils and then charge double? I don't get why honda has to limit them, if there is a market for these items they should just continue making them and make profit.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:12 PM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Just FYI, that front bumper is specific for AP2. Similar to how AP2 bumpers won't properly fit on an AP1 without shaving that metal beam.

Quick Reply: 20th Anniversary Parts