S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2006 S2000 Brochure

Old 08-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming you've never been in a rear-end accident. Headrests for what? To save your neck.

VSA can be turned off. Not all of us track the car in perfect weather all the time...

The rims are BARELY different than the current AP2 rims. I had to look twice before I noticed.

I think some people just want to hate the car because they don't want to feel like a chump for buying a previous model. I personally wish I would have waited for the 06, but I'm not going to bash now to justify.

With all the respect...and like i said before im only venting...

yes i had one.they rear-ended at 80km/h ...no big problem...the big problem is the seatbelts and the steering wheel because i also have classic cars....all the cars that i have are rwd...

VSA is the first step to cars without soul...second step is automatic transmission...is fun to push in a s-class mercedes or in a cayenne turbo...but after 3 days gets annoying...

i dont hate the car..im happy for buying the my05 model...and after my04 came out and i ordered one i still love the first model...

I dont want to argue with anyone...i respect others ideas...and this is mine...

Old 08-27-2005, 05:08 PM

One positive attribute about the new wheels- they look like they would be easier to clean than the '04/05s.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:10 PM

"VSA is the first step to cars without soul"

ON OFF you know. Choose!
Old 08-27-2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by OCMusicJunkie,Aug 27 2005, 06:19 PM
I think some people just want to hate the car because they don't want to feel like a chump for buying a previous model. I personally wish I would have waited for the 06, but I'm not going to bash now to justify.
Mustang II.
Newer is not always better.

I'm glad that the population in general are getting safer S2000s.

I'm glad I have my '02 with no clutch delay, 9k redline, and stiffer suspension.

But it's my weekend car... I'd feel different if it was a 4-season daily driver.

Different strokes, ya know.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:23 PM

"VSA is the first step to cars without soul"

ON OFF you know. Choose!
i do that in the sl-class and after 60km/h it turns on automatic... i dont know how is going to be with vsa...so...

i have the chance to drive the sl-class everytime i want..but since im a kid im limited...and i prefer the s2000..why...because the s2000 dont have so much luxury and little things for old people, like dvd player and so on...why is that needed in the car...and in the final each seat weighs near 60kg and the damm monster dont move and drinks alot...

Old 08-27-2005, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the brochure!

sheesh...looks more watered down with each successive model...

I like the Laguna Blue color though...
Old 08-27-2005, 05:44 PM

that is my opinion and the way i think about the things...i respect people
Old 08-27-2005, 05:54 PM

It may just be me but the center consol definitely looks like piano black.

And who cares about the temp out side it's a convertible you'll know. They should of put some thing useful like what radio station your on instead of guessing all of the time.

I wouldn't mind VSA when it's wet out. If it's dry turn it off. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Drove a BMW 5 series at a road & Track editor for a day event here in Pittsburgh. It was a spirited couple of laps around a course and let me just say, dbw has no place in a sports car unless it can be as communicative as the good old fashioned cable. The delay was about half a second when you would mash the throttle to power out of a turn. Let me tell you it sucked. Its like your brain has to compensate and throttle out quicker than you normally would. This to me isnt progress. Lets try to have faith that Honda engineers have this worked out and there is not such a severe delay. I also have an 03 A4 1.8t that is dbw. Always thought that delay was turbo lag. NOT!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:14 PM

I find it kind of funny to hear AP2 owners talking about a more raw car, considering that its EXACTLY what AP1 owners say about their cars and that the AP2s are "soft" cars comparatively. I guess maybe the AP2.5's will take some pressure off of us AP2 owners though hahaha ...

In the end, I'd imagine the new 2006s will still have the same soul that makes the S2000 great. VSA is defeatable ... you can even pull the fuse for VSA if you don't feel like pressing the button each time. But I'd imagine unless the S2000 is your pure 100% track car, that it'd be an advantage in the event that the car gets away from you. Does that make the car less raw? Sure but who cares? Its ON/OFF, so I don't see how its a big deal. I'd be more interested to see if Honda tweaked the suspension or anything else like that. I guess Drive by Wire throttle kind of sucks, especially for a sports car ... Lets hope Honda did it right.

All the other stuff is purely cosmetic and purely subjective as to whether you like it or not.

I find it funny that some of you think the car has too much luxury now because they added a clock and a temperature gauge. You guys might want to take your stereos, convertible tops, air conditioning, power steering, and "heavy" 16" or 17" rims (15"s for a "TRUE" race car) and throw them away. I mean ... common, a CLOCK and a TEMPERATURE GAUGE? hahaha ... You guys are funny.

In the end, its still an S2000. And it will still be one of my favorite cars ... AP1, AP2, AP2.5, etc...

Quick Reply: 2006 S2000 Brochure