S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2006 S2000 Brochure

Old 08-28-2005, 07:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are the rest of the pages - couldn't put more than 20 on the first page of the modified post.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blackS2000,Aug 28 2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the info.

I am surprised that Honda has given no real reason for early S2000 owners to sell and upgrade. It makes no sense to me to sell my 2002 S2000, lose pretty much half on depreciation in 3 1/2 years, to replace it with new. This has encouraged me more to mod my car with my savings. The mods are on the way...
Look at the Miata... Nearly 10 years with no significant reason to upgrade. Arguably 15.

Look at the Boxster... 'Till the S version came out, there was very little reason to upgrade.

I'm not sure what's surprising.

That said, other than the new color, I completely agree with you. And, even with that, you could do a full repaint for, what, $4-5K?

Harpoon, thanks, again. You're the man.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:22 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

So, the seats look the same to me except for the headrest. Think that'll have any impact on theft? The seat bottom looks the same to me. Right/wrong?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiQiCE,Aug 28 2005, 04:09 AM
There's been a bunch of people who have complained that they still wrecked their car while going round a turn with VSA turned on ... because they went in way too hot and the VSA never engaged .. and still ended up in a ditch.

Plus if you hate VSA and want to leave it off all the time, you can pull the fuse for VSA.
It's very interesting when people complain that VSA didn't save them when they took their car way beyond the limits. The danger may be that some people will think they can push their car harder than ever and be safe. The simple truth is that VSA will only do so much. If you push the car hard enough, then physics will win each and every time.

Pulling the fuse is definitely one way to defeat the system. However, I can imagine most people will be annoyed by the continuous presence of a VSA warning lamp which will be displayed on the meter.

For those people who say that VSA destroys the sportscar image:
Yes there is always the Ferrari argument. More importantly though, I wouldn't feel my manhood threatened or my sportscar's status degraded by having variable brake distribution in place for unexpected situations that could cause loss of life or property to me or someone else on the road. These systems are the way of the future, and will be in place for most cars some way down the road. Having VSA makes good marketing sense for automotive companies, because it allows them to put in place an extra level of "safety for everyone." It makes the public feel more comfortable.

If you want pure unadulterated sportscar fun in which you have absolutely full control of, then build a kit car and go autocrossing.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Aug 28 2005, 11:22 AM
So, the seats look the same to me except for the headrest. Think that'll have any impact on theft? The seat bottom looks the same to me. Right/wrong?
I love my seats with the cool cutout and mesh!

Now the new seats are "ordinary".
Old 08-28-2005, 08:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Aug 28 2005, 08:22 AM
Yes, seat bottom does look exactly the same. The two page picture of the interior has a bunch of weird glare in it that probably doesn't scan very easily. I think the center console is the same, but it does look different - possibly due to the lighting.

Comparing the '05 and '06 brochures - it does look like they ps'ed the pictures. They had to change the headrests in a bunch of the pictures.

The cover and back of the brochure are made of this very cool rubbery paper.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by FlipMY052k,Aug 28 2005, 05:36 AM
still happy that i got an '05 did someone ask the retail price, or is it safe to say it's about a thousand more for the '06?
When I got the 06 booklet at the dealer (Spreen Honda in So. California), they did not even know that it was out. I told them that the manual had just been released and they opened a box in the back room and, viola, there was the manual. I felt like they shouldn't even give it to me, but gladly took it and ran. At this point, I don't think the dealers know as much about the 06 S2K as we do on this site, including proposed pricing. BTW, for the people who have been asking about MSRP ...the marketing booklets for Honda's and for most other cars don't contain pricing info.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Aug 27 2005, 01:53 PM
That button on the center console is the defroster switch. THe VSA button should be where teh old Defroster switch used to be.
The VSA switch is on the dash, behind the steering-wheel and below the fuel gage. You can see it in the side picture of the cockpit (in the booklet) that is labeled connect. You can also see the red LED temperature displayed in the console above the odometer reading.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCMusicJunkie,Aug 28 2005, 03:02 AM
I highly doubt the VSA will still be partially active when turned off. Honda knows this is meant to be a sports car... I doubt they would force such a thing upon the driver.

The only difference I see in the seats is the headrest. Like I said earlier, it's a great safety improvement. I also happen to think it looks nicer. It's subjective... but something tells me 06 owners will find plenty of 05 owners willing to swap.

Maybe YOU don't need more speakers, but lots of us do. Go look around and see how many people have Spods... or even just upgraded factory stereos. Some of us enjoy music...

I understand the weight reduction thing... but come on, 20lbs? If you're serious about tracking, you could ditch the spare, jack, passenger seat, floor mats, ect and save three times that weight. On the street, you're never going to notice <1% difference in weight.
Well that will be nice if the VSA can be fully turned off.

As far as the Headrest being a great safety improvement, I didn't even know that was a problem before. Everybody I've spoke to whos been in a wreck with the S2000 hasn't complained about the headrest design.

And for speakers, that's the great thing about the aftermarket, If I wanted more speakers I could buy them, if I wanted an outside temp gauge I could buy one. If Honda was smart, they would keep all these bells and whistles as optional equipment, so the people that want a raw sports car can have it, and the people that want a sporty conv. tourer, can have that too. For me, track performance is the most important thing to me, so anything that takes away from the racing experience is a in my book. I understand not everybody has the same feelings, but people that want a more luxurious sports car should get the 350Z. People that want a more raw car could get the Elise, and for the people that need something in between, the S2000 is the ticket.

As for the weight, yes 20lbs is miniscule, but look how many people are buying lighter seats, wheels, or exhausts just to save 20lbs.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:14 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

DSC in my '03 E320 Mercedes-Benz was not completely defeatable. It was horrible. The drive-by-wire was horrible. The fiber optic cables were problematic. The tranny shift programming was indecisive at best.

Newer is not always better. The W210s felt better going down the road. The W211s did look much better though.

Quick Reply: 2006 S2000 Brochure