S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2003 - Price

Old 07-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I'm still angry at Honda. The s2000 was supposed to be a limited run, but they extended it to the 2002 and 2003 years. I now hear that they might discontinue it after 2003, and now there is also rumor of a redesign. Also, what is up with the very limited color options in the us. If you look on the Japanese site there are the type V and blue tops and orange and lime green and other colours, as well as headlight washers, JDM clear lenses, a nav system. I love my s2000 and my family has owned 9 hondas at one time or another, but they really P**s me off.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:24 AM

My bad- I meant to say August not October.

-B

Originally posted by Hams2000
As for the comments regarding the 350z coming out in October, my local dealer already received their initial 7, and they're running around on the street. What an awesome car!
Old 07-07-2002, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you dude. I sometimes feel like AHM has jipped us. I would give anything to have that navy blue that you can get on the JDM version. I would also like to have the nav system... More than anything, I would like to have AHM stand behind their product and fix the issues. I want the glass top for my MY01, even if it comes at a cost to me... I want them to acknowledge the #4 cylinder problem, and most of all I want them to put a better clutch in my car. My dealer wont do anything for me on the TSB, saying that my mods are the cause. To make it worse, I offerred to pay for the labor AND a good aftermarket clutch to fix the problem, and the dealer tells me that they will only install a Honda clutch. Why would I do that? It's only going to slip, and they wont fix it. Things like this make owning this car a real headache, and it doesnt have to be that way. I think we owe great thanks to AHM for that one. Why are they so stingy?

Chris
Old 07-07-2002, 03:04 PM

You forgot to mention:

- Offer the same TSB's in the US as in Europe (ie: transmission, oil bolts, spark plugs, etc)

Its a bit insulting that they consider the US a second class market as far as service goes.

I wonder if they even realize the image that they are projecting within those who have bought their products? Their PR department goes to great lengths to build Honda as a brand name- with commercials featuring their robot and their engines in everything from lawn mowers to cars, but they're not taking care of the customers they already have. Fortunately for them, our voice isn't that large as a group- but what they are forgetting is that the Internet has become the place for researching a car, and more and more often, those searches are going to bring them to this forum. Those potential customers are going to see messages complaining about poor service and detailing how Honda repeatedly failed to stand behind their products in the US. By word of mouth, this will spread: "Oh you're thinking of getting a Honda? Well I was researching buying one online a while back and found a forum will all sorts of posts complaining about their service".

That does a lot more damage to their image than showing robots on TV is going to fix. But it may be too late for them to realize this. It won't happen overnight, but Honda needs to realize that gripes on the internet get archived for decades, for everyone to read again and again and again...and in time that mass of data on Honda's poor service is going to be overwhelming to people researching their cars... and that data can't be erased!! Its here forever. Some day, 10 years from now, someone may be researching the Honda S3200 and come upon an archive of these messages and realize that if they buy a bleeding edge technology Honda sports car, that they can't expect to be treated like the test market they truly are and receive the patches to their 'beta' automobile.

-B
Old 07-07-2002, 06:36 PM

To be quite honest, if I had known that AHM was going to be like this towards their product, I would have thought twice about buying the car. I love the car but I hate the company that wont stand behind it. It's amazing what Honda has become.

Chris
Old 07-08-2002, 05:52 AM

Whatever way you want to figure dealing with a dealer; realize that his markup is 16%!!
Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FCGuy
[B]And to answer another Q: the Z's come out in August.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:58 PM

Thanks for all the advise folks : Today a out of state dealer offered $500.00 off free rear spoiler , car cover and wheel locks - Amazing yet a local dealer (Jerks) wants $3k over - go figure. For the most part I think the dealers know what is coming - no more picking the customers pocket. I beleave i am going to go with the dealer for $300.00 of as the one deal mentioned above involves travel to another state - driving a new car home/break in/ possible snow etc/ wear and tear - especially with these 10k mile tires.

Sparki
Old 07-09-2002, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by sparki2
Thanks for all the advise folks : Today a out of state dealer offered $500.00 off free rear spoiler , car cover and wheel locks - Amazing yet a local dealer (Jerks) wants $3k over - go figure. For the most part I think the dealers know what is coming - no more picking the customers pocket. I beleave i am going to go with the dealer for $300.00 of as the one deal mentioned above involves travel to another state - driving a new car home/break in/ possible snow etc/ wear and tear - especially with these 10k mile tires.

Sparki
There are several dealers in Chicago who sell less than $31K. You don't have to drive it back, just ship it in an enclosed trailer!
Old 07-09-2002, 09:16 AM

Just wanted to say that I picked up my sebring silver S2k on this past Friday. Purchased it at Lisle Honda in Lisle, IL. a suburb of Chicago. Got it for $500 under msrp. If anyone is interested see Rick Hartman.
Alan

Quick Reply: 2003 - Price