S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2000 S2k No Trunk Light?!?!?!? HELP!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 S2k No Trunk Light?!?!?!? HELP!

Hey i just now decided to ask this, but i have a 2000 model AP1

And i know i have a Trunk Open light in the instrument cluster, but it does not light up when the trunk is popped, i know the light works as i can see it turn on for a sec when turning the ignition...

Also does anyone have pics of the trunk light and its location ...also where is the sensor for the indicator that tells the trunk is open? Is it built into the trunk pop/lock?

Reason im asking is that im the 3rd owner of the car and i cant locate those parts and want to make it function...

Thanks...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny, mine didn't work either when i opened my trunk when i first got the s2k. the previous owner had the assembly sitting in tire tool area. i hooked it up and it did work, but it was a single little bulb if i remember correctly. sometimes i leave the trunk open in the garage while i'm doing things and i just left it off so i wouldn't drain the battery. i'd inspect the funk out of the trunk and if you don't find it, it's no big deal. the trunk can't hold anything anyways and the light is dim also.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 AM

yeah...lol, but im my case i think i am missing the whole light assembly, and im concerned with not having the instrument light in the cluster not on when the trunk is open
Old 02-14-2009, 03:47 PM

here are some pictures that will help out...

the switch itself is built into the trunk latch itself. so make sure its plugged in. if the light is missing completely it might be making a open in the circuit and causing your light not to come on.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, but i never seen a trunk light assembly and i see a sketch, but its not helping as i dont see the 2 wire plug anywhere that may be unplugged!!!

Thanks for the pics, I just want to see where on the inside of the trunk the light assy would be at so that i can try to figure out what happened to mine
Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Yeah ok, found the light assembly...and took it out, no bulb was in it!!!

Got a new 168 bulb, and it works, turns on when open and off when closed!!! manually checked the trunk lock and it works great...

But i still dont get the open trunk indicator light on the instrument cluster!!!

What can be the problem? Anyone...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Max_Spd,Feb 17 2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah ok, found the light assembly...and took it out, no bulb was in it!!!

Got a new 168 bulb, and it works, turns on when open and off when closed!!! manually checked the trunk lock and it works great...

But i still dont get the open trunk indicator light on the instrument cluster!!!

What can be the problem? Anyone...
In my experience, it only comes on when you are moving forward or the car is on (don't remember which), and the trunk is open.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM

I tried with the car being on, but i will try keeping the trunk open while driving in the parking lot...

Thanks...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Ok so it works but its weird, i can test it by popping the trunk open raise it a bit and then get in the car and start it...the open trunk indicator will stay on...

The thing is nothing like the other cars im used to...will only display if the trunk is not just popped, but also raised a bit and only will light up if the car is on or keys in the on position!!! Driving or otherwise!!!

Weird...why even have it :-/