S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

1st Post of a likely S2k owner

Old 10-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Post of a likely S2k owner

Hey guys,
I'm seriously looking into buying a 2004-2006 S2K. My question is what kind of quarter mile results can you get out of the F22 with a 50 shot of Nos? (I'm assuming that a 50 shot is safe here). Any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Real life experience would be great such as cars you have smoked with such a set up. Thanks ahead of time and glad to be here.

Shazzam

P.S.
A little background on my conclusion that the S2K is THE car to have now-a-days.
I currently have a 2000 prelude 5spd which has been by all accounts a great car. But it lacks, you guessed it, RWD and could never compare to a real sports car.

My top 4 pics for a great car are as follows.
93-95 rx7, but way too many problems plague this car and the lack of good rotary mechanics for me to accept even though it is insanely fast.

Next up 94-97 Supra Turbo. Too expensive and not worth the value for a 13 year old car.

2004-2006 G35. A nice looking car with a few mechanical problems from what I have been reading. Good power with some luxury and convenience to boot. I'm going to test drive one just to make sure but I think I've got my heart set on the S2K.

And finaly the 2004-2006 S2K. Well what can I say? I'm preaching to the choir here.
My cousin just bought an 07 (black on black) last Friday and we spent all night cruising around the San Fernando Valley, CA. Right out of the dealership with top down the female rubbernecking began. I know nice cars get looks but this was just rediculus. The handling, the power, the looks. I was hooked and my love affair with Honda and the S2K bloomed again.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea its safe if you tune it...

But the s2k isn't a quarter mile car, I suggest you get one of your other cars on the list, like the supra..
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info stealth. I am not really into the quarter mile but it would be a good indicator of what kind of power and performance increase I could expect. Canyon carving and drifting are more my style. Which the s2k should fill my desires nicely. The Supra is a really nice car but a bit pricey for an aging fleet. Plus the repair and maintenance costs scare the bejesus out of me.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM

You should take it to a road course or auto cross and there is no doubt that you will absolutely love it! You'll probably leave drag racing for special occasions, or maybe even not at all. Just my .02
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 PM

Check out this thread going on right now in the FI forum. It has some pretty good info.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=536871
Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 PM

Thanks a ton NFR. great link, but i have a feeling once I get my hands on an S2K I won't have the guts to do FI or Nos for awhile. I guess I'm just trying to plan out a long term plan for my next car.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 AM

Welcome, Shazz.

IMO, why hinder the reliability of your s2k?? If reliabilty wasn't an issue, you would be looking into 02 vettes and newer 350Zs for the same price, plus, you already stated that you want something long term. There are safer ways to get 50hp than the bottle - do some research on the ways to upgrade your s2k without sacrificing Honda's signature qualities - reliability and fuel efficiency. After all, if these 2 facets didn't hold weight with you, you'd be looking at Crossfire SRTs and blown Skys, or something of that ilk.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 AM

The S2k is an all around performance car not a 1/4 mi. monster
Old 10-24-2007, 07:24 AM
G2k

You gotta have that NAWS!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:59 AM
TJF

Nos = not a word

N.O.S. is a company logo that stands for "Nitrous Oxide Systems"

N20 = the chemical makeup of nitrous oxide...

The moral of the story = when posting about the chemical and not a company that sells kits to introduce the chemical to a combustion process, please refer to it as Nitrous or N2O

sorry... its just a pet peeve of mine. Perhaps I am being overly sensitive.

Quick Reply: 1st Post of a likely S2k owner